NGD!!! Vintage Gibson content.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD!!! Vintage Gibson content.

I have been searching for this guitar for a long time and the day has finally come. 1978 gibson RD standard. Overall pretty good condition minus the extra switch that someone added to it and it really needs some new tuners. Plays amazingly I am super happy with it. I will probably pick up a new set of Schaller M6 tuners and it will be like new money then. I love this guitar.

[
    Last edited by Jr_vw2; 06-25-2019, 08:24 PM.
    Insert witty signature here so people on the internet will think I'm cool....

Re: NGD!!! Vintage Gibson content.

I think they had a model with Moog electronics in there, too. What a cool example!
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Nice. I never really liked the body shape, like a "melted" Firebird. But, hey, to each his own and I'm glad that you found what floats your boat.

Congrats.
      Originally Posted by IanBallard
      Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
        I think they had a model with Moog electronics in there, too. What a cool example!
        RD Artist.

How is it in terms of weight? I've played a few vintage RDs, but they were all boat anchors.
        Originally posted by crusty philtrum
        And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Originally posted by dystrust View Post
          RD Artist.

How is it in terms of weight? I've played a few vintage RDs, but they were all boat anchors.
          Yeah it's pretty heavy much heavier than my les paul.

They made 3 different trim levels of the RD. Standard , artist and custom. The custom and the artist both had moog electronics. And there were several different designs and options as far as the electronics went. Which is the main reason I wanted a standard model. Vintage 70s electronics were anything but classy.
          Insert witty signature here so people on the internet will think I'm cool....

Comment

Can't say I've seen one of those before. CAn't say that upsets/bothers me either!

Glad you found your White Whale! I'd remove switch and put a low key little plug of some sort there.
            Originally posted by Bad City
            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

BROCEPH ALERT!!!!!!

Check out what just popped up on C-List up from Me & Moincer this morning....want a matching pair - guitar & BASS?!?!?!?!?!

Originally posted by Bad City
              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
              X