Kramer liberty trade question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kramer liberty trade question

So I know this might be a difficult question to answer, but thought I’d reach out for some advice. I’ve got an 86 Kramer liberty prototype in black. A guy I know has a production model in white. He’s a sucker for black guitars with gold hardware, which I really love too but I already have a black and goldy different guitar. Just wondering what the trade value would between prototype and production models? The prototype I own has speculation of being the very first liberty prototype, but I can’t confirm that at all. Not sure how much value that adds if it were to be in fact the first prototype. Regardless I know it’s a valuable guitar, especially lately. Any advice is welcome!

Re: Kramer liberty trade question

Is this the one? That looks SWEET!!!

If I had to make a decision, I would consider the instrument's worth to me, rather than an actual dollar figure... For example, one could offer me a dozen Les Paul Standardvintagehistoricreissueblabla in all available bursts and what not, still wouldn't trade my Pro Series Jackson King V for it. Not because it's "better" or "worth more", but because it does everything I want from it, it's the dream guitar of my childhood, has a sentimental value to me for a private and unfortunately sad reason and Les Pauls never had an appeal to me... So you get the idea. It's also worth noting that I tend to attach quite strongly to objects and consequently I am a terrible businessman.

Comment

Without documentation to validate the pedigree, it would be the same value as any production model. Any serial number printed or handwritten on it should help prove it’s heritage also.

But if I had a prototype black and gold, I’d keep that and get rid of whatever other production black gold I had, if I didn’t care to hold on to two of the same style. But that’s just me. It’s your axe.

Comment

Ask the people on the Kramer Forum and Friends group on Facebook. Mark my words: that guitar is worth a fortune to the right person. Make sure to be as educated as possible before doing any sort of deal.

Comment

Yes, post that in the Kramer forum. Those guys will know and they will be able to tell you all the details about it.

Comment

I recall in the early 2000’s the Sam Ash in Forest Hills, Queens NY got in a black with gold hardware Kramer Liberty- it was beautiful- the salesman said they wanted $600. I went back a few days later to put a down payment on it to be paid off in 30 days, and it was gone

Comment

I tried posting it on the Kramer forum, no useful info from them at all. And actually the guy who I was considering the trade with seemed to get a little po’d that I put it on there. Oh well, no trade for now.

Comment

Originally posted by jmh151 View Post
                I recall in the early 2000’s the Sam Ash in Forest Hills, Queens NY got in a black with gold hardware Kramer Liberty- it was beautiful- the salesman said they wanted $600. I went back a few days later to put a down payment on it to be paid off in 30 days, and it was gone
                That’d be one hell of a deal!

Comment

Working...
                X