NGDs x4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGDs x4

I've been on a bit of a spending spree lately. I think it has to do with being trapped inside for the CO winter and having nothing to do except work and play!

So introducing 4 new beauties to my collection, from left to right then foreground!

A little about them all:

Gibson Les Paul Satin Player Plus: These are still being blown out at MF and GC, and it's a phenomenal guitar. I'm nuts about satin finishes, and wine red seemed appropriate as I'm gonna stick an Anderson H1 & H3+ in it, in my small tribute to APC. I don't mind the Richlite fingerboard as it's pretty smooth, and the top has good 2A figuring (though you can't pick it up from that photo!)

Framus Panthera Pro: I fell in love with these years ago, and when I saw this one on Reverb for a great price, I pulled the trigger. Body is LP spec, with a 3A/4A flame maple top. Neck is oiled ovangkol, which is phenomenal. I wanted to go a bit different with this one, so ordered some wide range humbuckers fitted for normal sizing from The Creamery in the UK.

Fender 60s Hybrid Strat: When I saw these released it had all the specs I've ever wanted on a strat, and the Japanese DO NOT disappoint on their guitars! 4 day shipping directly from Kyoto. Comes in about the same price after discount as an American Special, but the build quality on this Sherwood Green beauty phenomenal. These 'US Vintage Pickups' I thought I'd have to get rid of pretty quick, but they're growing on me a lot - chimey, warm yet transparent. I'm still deciding whether to pull the trigger on some David Allen Stratcats.

Ibanez RG420: The cheapest of the bunch, and my 'project' guitar. For $240 I think I can afford to mess it up a little! Great neck, 24 frets are fun and will give me a decent platform to learn how to solder pickups and do electronics. I 'm gonna load it with a Sentient neck/Custom bridge, which are on order!
    Attached Files
    'Without music life would be a mistake'.

Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

Re: NGDs x4

Incredible haul

Love the styling of the RG
    EHD
    Just here surfing Guitar Pron
    RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
    SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
    Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
    Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
    Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
    Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
    GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Wow, heck of a day/week/month/however long it took to get them all!
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

you're a sick man

Comment

Incredible haul! Nothing like a MIJ Fender...and that les paul is pretty striking as well!
          TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

Wow, when you decide to buy, you don't do it half way. Nice bunch of guitars.

Comment

I didn't know about that particular LP or the Framus...great catch! Actually ANY of the guitars would be a great NGD...congrats!
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
              X