Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Keisel Guitars

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
    Ill have a read on that a little later when I get some free time.
    I hate to see that type of thing though[emoji3525]
    Originally posted by Mincer View Post
    I don't like to see that kind of thing, either. But I understand if customers are frustrated, and they don't get anywhere on the phone, and their emails are ignored. They post on the official forum, and it either gets erased or people pile up on them. So they go to a neutral forum (SSO) to post, and it is 100 pages of people with the same issues.
    Yes, I'm not a fan of threads like that either, sorry if it bothers you Mincer, please feel free to delete it (or maybe I'm misinterpreting your statmenent?). It's just when I see a thread like that about a company, especially if the company doesn't seem to be doing anything to rectify it, it does make me question wanting to doing business with that company, I'm pretty sure I won't be dealing with them/Jeff personally.

Originally posted by Ascension View Post
    That "official forum" and the nastys that run it is a major part of the Problem man. There are 2 long time mods that came in in the late 1990's there that I would hate to meet face to face as I may go to jail over it---just saying. One of he reasons I love this place brother are folk like you being the mods. It was a hostile take over of that community back in the late 90's that changed a lot of things for Carvin. With them never selling retail and having such a dynamic on line community it was not a good thing.
    I'm not sure which "official" forum you are talking about, if it is SSO, it is not an "official" forum for anything. As far as the mods go, I don't know them, I just pop in there every once in a while to get different perspectives on gear and I really enjoy playing 7 strings... I don't play death/doom/metal FWIW.

Comment

I think he means the Kiesel forum.

I don't have a problem with threads here. Nothing has crossed the line into personal attacks or anything. To me, it is no different than commenting about Gibson's recent troubles. I will say that I have seen some very pretty Kiesels (not the gaudy alien vomit ones they usually post) and their booth at NAMM is full of really beautiful instruments. None have ever personally connected with me, but I was one of the teens in the 80s dreaming over the Carvin catalogs.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I read through a couple pages of the SS thread. It sucks that he had that experience and while I certainly didn’t read the entire thread, at least 2 others posters chimed in to say that they had the opposite experience.
        While bad customer experiences happen to every business and Kiesel is surely no different, I’d wager that those types of experiences are few and far between the typical experience.

Comment

Back in the late 90s I ordered a 5 string bass from Carvin
          It was excellent
          It was heavy
          And one of the pickups wasn't adjusted properly when it arrived

But it was excellent
          Had a tone that was great
          Was so pretty. Non players wanted to hold it , touch it

Exquisite neck thru

As with other builders, you always think of options you should have asked for

My experience was a good one
          Most probably are

Happy customer is a dime a dozen
          May tell a few close friends
          Unhappy ones tell everyone
          EHD
          Just here surfing Guitar Pron
          RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
          SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
          Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
          Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
          Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
          Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
          GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
            Back in the late 90s I ordered a 5 string bass from Carvin
            It was excellent
            It was heavy
            And one of the pickups wasn't adjusted properly when it arrived

But it was excellent
            Had a tone that was great
            Was so pretty. Non players wanted to hold it , touch it

Exquisite neck thru

As with other builders, you always think of options you should have asked for

My experience was a good one
            Most probably are

Happy customer is a dime a dozen
            May tell a few close friends
            Unhappy ones tell everyone
            About that same time period I was in a band with a guy that also ordered a Carvin bass....and again, it was an awesome instrument. Sounded huge and played like buttah.

Comment

I like 'em better racing cars...

My Bands -
              https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
              www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
              www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
              GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                I think he means the Kiesel forum.
                I did what is now the Kiesel Forum was the Carvin Forum before the name change. Back in the late 1990's the forum ownership changed ( has always been owned and run outside the company but is affiliated) at about the same time several long time Carvin employees including my long term sales guy were also let go. Attitudes changed with the board and those of faith were purged in rather dramatic fashion from the forum. Had several large Christian forums running Christian Carvinite refugees check in here threads was brutal and very nasty. Now understand Carvin as a company was before this spending a LOT of $ specifically advertising in Worship and Christian Music Magazines and even had scripture references on the inside of the old catalogs so this was both a shock and created a war on the forum.
                Duncan here has never specifically openly courted and welcomed this community on this forum so this is an entirely different situation. Carvin for many years did openly then suddenly gave us all the left foot of fellowship and stepped on us.
                Not a smart business move and loosing all that Church business was likely a factor in the collapse of the Pro sound side of the company.
                There are 2 mods there to this day would love meet in a dark ally to rearrange their faces for their actions.
                What part Jeff Kiesel played in all this is unknown but the timing is spot on with the changes in the company leadership. Have never questioned the quality of the instruments amps and sound gear in fact I personally think they are the best guitars I have ever had in my hands. It's why I have owned about 30 Carvin Kiesels over the years many rescued and resold from local pawn shops.
                Last edited by Ascension; 07-15-2019, 04:26 PM.
                Guitars
                Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
                Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

I wish they would come back down on the price for their neck thru blanks. I see they now come standard with stainless frets is probably one of the reasons. Stewmac used to stock those same Carvin necks a few years back. Had no complaints about the necks.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Junior View Post
                    I wish they would come back down on the price for their neck thru blanks. I see they now come standard with stainless frets is probably one of the reasons. Stewmac used to stock those same Carvin necks a few years back. Had no complaints about the necks.
                    I also saw on the website that they offer standard and thin neck profiles. Any idea what the approximate measurements are on those?

Comment

I also saw on the website that they offer standard and thin neck profiles. Any idea what the approximate measurements are on those?
                      It's been years since I last had it in my hands. Couldn't tell you.

Comment

The Kiesel Guitars Custom Shop makes pro quality guitars, basses, pickups and accessories for musicians of all levels. Made in the USA, ...

Have you looked here
                        EHD

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
                          I didn’t see that. Thanks.
                          But they offer two different neck thickness dimensions. Whatever their standard thickness is, and then a thinner carve. I’m not sure which neck it is in the link you posted. I would assume that’s their standard neck. Which, for me looks like what I’d prefer. The thinner necks probably more closely resemble the wizard dimensions. I find that neck a bit too flat and the shoulders too wide.

Comment

That's what I gathered

Years ago
                            In 2000 or 2001
                            I went out to San Diego to visit the factory
                            Play a bunch of in stock models they had on the wall
                            Asked them why the stopped making the big hollow jazz boxes
                            And bought my Belair amp

The necks, then, seemed thin strat like
                            Like a standard modern C

I didnt check any dimensions
                            And they only had strat and tele variants at the time

No vee
                            No star

They had the first holdsworth fatboy
                            It had a thinner flatter neck
                            EHD

Comment

Their modern "thinner" neck isn't super-thin like many of the wizzard necks,,,,,,,,,not even quite as thin as the wizzard2.
                              They are about 19mm thick at the 1st fret and are not flat backs. Like a thinner C-shape I think is how I'd describe it.

Their standard necks are just short of 20mm IIRC,,,,,and certainly more rounded.

Comment

Good to know.
                                They actually both sound like they would be damn comfy....

Comment

Working...
                                X