Post Your Holy Grail - from 10 or 20 years ago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Post Your Holy Grail - from 10 or 20 years ago

Like I said, mine was red with gold hardware, and the Kahler.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

20 years ago I had no idea what I wanted or even liked in a guitar, so I couldn't tell you what it was. 10 years ago my holy grail was an ES-335 with a 50s neck profile.

In 2012, I bought this:
      Originally posted by crusty philtrum
      And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

You are the grail. All the gadgets are simple tools.

About taste of change in tools, I don't know. My taste did not change much. 2 humbuckers, bolt-on necks, only woods and pickups vary. I always try to match the guitar for an actual band and all are still running.

1992. I used a bolt-on lawsuit Hohner LP to compliment the other guy's HH Strat. The band went on ice for 10 years and the new guitarist who replaced a forming member was a LP guy so I bought a Squier '51 to compliment it. It went on ice for an another 10 years, I'm a single guitarist now using both the same Squier and the Hohner.

1996. A trio where the single guitar has to cover a wide spectrum. I use a black MM Axis copy with an Invader that I still have and a zebrawood top Warmoth with an Invader that I still use to date.

2009, a single guitarist band with a synth guy. I use all the guitars above.

2015. I joined a band with a lot of gigs per year as a lead guitarist. I took my black Axis copy, upgraded the hardware to withstand the stage abuse and put a JB into it. A couple of years later I bought a Sterling AX4 as a backup guitar, they look twins. Not much change of taste I guess.

2018. We started an acoustic group where I use an Applause Balladeer, bought last year. I'm not sure about the change of taste anyway. I never cared about acoustic guitars until I tried both Ovations and Applauses and it was somewhere around 2000 in Frankfurt Musik Messe. There I decided that I'll use one if I'll ever have an acoustic project. It needed many years but when the time came I bought a very similar figure top Apple that I tasted 20 years ago.

Now'days, fate drove an ample of superb Ibanez RGs to me, from all price ranges, modded and stock. I always had an eye for them since, what, 1990? Recently they released a zebrawood top RG with fairly decent pickups. Maybe I'll get one to compliment my zebrawood Warmoth. Not much of a change I guess.
        Last edited by NecroPolo; 08-18-2019, 09:55 AM.
        Wackor
        Ørdøg
        NecroPolo
        Diabolus in Musica
        SIDrip Alliance
        Book of Shadows
        RKH

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
          I forgot about mentioning those. They were wonderful guitars, but then they sort of watered down the design a bit and lost what made them so modern.

Here is another one I wanted (more than, ahem, 20 years ago)..the AH-10!
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]100362[/ATTACH]
          I remember that beauty red axe...so simple and so 80's. But the guitar in the ad looks like an Ibanez when the one he played in this video is a Charvel.

;>)/
          Last edited by RorySquier; 08-18-2019, 09:34 PM.
          sigpic Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess. - Oscar Wilde

Comment

Working...
          X