banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Look, a Dean Cadillac without the V headstock...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look, a Dean Cadillac without the V headstock...

Not a huge fan of the big Dean V headstock, and it's hard to find a Cadillac/E'Lite model without one, but I just picked up this E'Lite (pronounced E-Light) with the smaller duck bill headstock. I'd also like to find one with the even smaller shrimp fork headstock.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20190907_131928.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	5852745Click image for larger version

Name:	20190906_132937.jpg
Size:	128.9 KB
ID:	5852746Click image for larger version

Name:	20190906_133006.jpg
Size:	152.3 KB
ID:	5852747

Re: Look, a Dean Cadillac without the V headstock...

Czech made, I believe. And yes - they used to be called E'Lite, not Cadillac. I had a cherry burst mahogany Dean E'Lite back in the 80's with a heavily vee'd neck, and cream DiMarzio Super D's. Kicked ass. Played it for 3 years, and sold it to a kid taking lessons at my store. Saw it 4 months later in a pawnshop with the peghead cracked off.... The guy wanted more for it broken than I paid for it new.
    aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

This one is made in Korea, E serial, so it's World Guitars. From what research I've done, it seems to be a Select model made around 1998. Found this one on Guitar Center's site last week for $339. The customer service person I was chatting online with told me it was Korean, but I thought it was a US serial for the Un Sung factory. Had it shipped to my local store and was pleasantly surprised it's from the World factory. I really dig it. The pickups are probably whatever Asian ones they made back then, but they sound pretty decent.

Comment

cool guitar but I'd still take the big V

I had an original blueburst one ages ago
        My Bands -
        https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
        www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
        www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
        GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Good price on a fine looking axe. I would have jumped on it like a chicken on a Junebug.

Comment

Originally posted by Wattage View Post
            cool guitar but I'd still take the big V

I had an original blueburst one ages ago
            I don't mind the V headstock that much on the Caddy, but still prefer the slightly smaller.

Comment

I actually like this a lot better. The big V headstock looks ridiculous on my small frame.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                I actually like this a lot better. The big V headstock looks ridiculous on my small frame.
                Same. I'm only 5'5" and don't really like larger guitars or headstocks.

Comment

Being the proud owner of a Cadillac 1980, with the big V headstock, I suggest water three times a week and a bit of non-chemical fertilizer. That headstock will probably grow and look right a few weeks from now...

Just kidding!

Toejam, although I don't like the headstock, the flame on your Caddy is really awesome! Nice score! Rock on!
                  Last edited by Synapsys; 09-10-2019, 08:58 AM.
                  Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

The flame definitely is real nice on this one. Aside from the gold hardware being slightly tarnished, mainly on the stoptail, a few light scratches on the side of the body, it's got zero fret wear. The plastic is even still on the truss rod and cavity covers. Hard to believe this thing is like 21 years old.

Comment

Very nice! Congrats! I love Deans and love many of them with their standard head stocks. However, I dont care for the head stock on a single cut style of guitar. So, I really dig your score. I have a Soltero that was a limited run that has what they refer to as mini shrimp fork head stock that I just love! (Love the guitar, not the head stock)
                      Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Always thought the big V headstock looked off on the caddy body but like that one! Those are nice guitars congrats.
                        Guitars
                        Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
                        Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

As I've noted before, I really like the big V headstock on my Caddy. I understand it may not be everyone's cup of tea, but it really how it stands out at a distance, and how it balances the more classical body shape (I always thought the Caddy body to be half LP, half Explorer) with it's radical design.

Still, how would the World be if we only liked the same stuff? Diversity is the key to keep things interesting, at least to me...

Name:	56242538_2396671747009896_3410334398166335488_n.jpg
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	5817016
                          Last edited by Synapsys; 09-12-2019, 12:19 PM.
                          Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

To me, it doesn't look that bad on that Caddy, but it's still rather big and not my thing. Though, without binding, it seems to be not as long and pointy and a little more pleasing.

I still prefer the duckbill on mine, or even the old shrimp fork like on Steve Clark's old one here.

Name:	Sclark.jpg
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	5817017

I even really like the Straight 6 models they did briefly.

Name:	s-l1000.jpg
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	5817018

Comment

Somewhere in a box I have an old Cadi X body a kid ruined by sanding until it was a wavy as a potato chip. One of these days I'll run it through the planer, laminate some mahogany on it, and finish it up by bolting on a reverse Jackson peghead. I think that would look b*tch*n!

Comment

Working...
                              X