• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NGD! My wife is gonna kill me...

Originally posted by gh0styboi View Post
    Sick guitar, man, and RIP.

Totally worth it though...
    Still alive in January 2020. With LTD 87 Eclipse and a BC Rich Ironbird on my sights, I've already checked prices for a coffin.
    Last edited by Synapsys; 01-30-2020, 07:55 PM.
    Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

Nice guitar. Really like the fade, and the neck.

Comment

Beautiful guitar and tasteful mods. I’m glad you got the missing parts, too. It does seem the store treated your order sloppily but at least you’re happy with your instrument (and still breathing). Did you treat your wife with a nice dinner to acknowledge her mercy?

Comment

Originally posted by Synapsys View Post
          Still alive in January 2020. With LTD 87 Eclipse and a BC Rich on my sights, I've already checked prices for a coffin.
          C'mon man... Cremation is way cheaper and with the saved money you may slip in a third guitar before she does you in. On a serious note: have you thought about custom bobbin colors instead of the zebra? Maybe you could find some solid colors pretty close to that reddish fade part of the guitar and slip it through floor shop custom... I'm happy if you like it that way, but that ebra just rubs my OCD the wrong way.

Comment

I was wondering if you would will that to me just in case?

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
              Nice guitar. Really like the fade, and the neck.
              Thanks, man!
              Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

Originally posted by wevard View Post
                Beautiful guitar and tasteful mods. I’m glad you got the missing parts, too. It does seem the store treated your order sloppily but at least you’re happy with your instrument (and still breathing). Did you treat your wife with a nice dinner to acknowledge her mercy?
                I did better, took her to Spain for a week-long holiday! She did love the overall aesthetic of the guitar, completely different from the rest of my arsenal. She's tone deaf, though.
                Last edited by Synapsys; 01-30-2020, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nexion218 View Post
                  C'mon man... Cremation is way cheaper and with the saved money you may slip in a third guitar before she does you in. On a serious note: have you thought about custom bobbin colors instead of the zebra? Maybe you could find some solid colors pretty close to that reddish fade part of the guitar and slip it through floor shop custom... I'm happy if you like it that way, but that ebra just rubs my OCD the wrong way.
                  Actually cremation is more expensive than a burial here in Portugal... and I would probably highly ncrease my country's CO2 emissions. Can always vot with a sheet over body/ shallow grave combo...

As a matter of fact I like the pickup colour schemes to offset the guitar finish. On this one I really wanted to lift some of the darkness on the bottom body section, and pop the quilt on the horns section, so I went with this one. And since there's no SD representation in my country, a custom order would be a nightmare. That, and the fact that about 20 years ago, when we had said representation, I had to wait two years for a blue Invader set. So, no custom options for me. USA customers have all the luck...

Comment

What do you mean by that?

Comment

Originally posted by Synapsys View Post
                      As a matter of fact I like the pickup colour schemes to offset the guitar finish. On this one I really wanted to lift some of the darkness on the bottom body section, and pop the quilt on the horns section, so I went with this one. And since there's no SD representation in my country, a custom order would be a nightmare. That, and the fact that about 20 years ago, when we had said representation, I had to wait two years for a blue Invader set. So, no custom options for me. USA customers have all the luck...
                      Then it is indeed perfect! Also I feel somewhat lucky to have a proper dealership here in the wild East of Europe...

Comment

That guitar looks so good!!! Really love LTD's finishes right now. And your pickup change worked visually too. I looked at this model while thinking about if I wanted a more metal guitar. I also really liked the pinkberry viper with Duncans but I'm not used to huge frets

Comment

Originally posted by nexion218 View Post
                          Then it is indeed perfect! Also I feel somewhat lucky to have a proper dealership here in the wild East of Europe...
                          You're lucky indeed, both for the dealership, and the awesome vodka!

Comment

Originally posted by FuseG4 View Post
                            That guitar looks so good!!! Really love LTD's finishes right now. And your pickup change worked visually too. I looked at this model while thinking about if I wanted a more metal guitar. I also really liked the pinkberry viper with Duncans but I'm not used to huge frets
                            Thanks, FuseG4. The LTD line has an impressive variety, either in price, body styles and finishes.

Fret size is not an issue for me, since I own guitars with the whole spectrum of fretwire sizes, so I change between the effortlessly.

Comment

Very nice! How's the wife taking it?

Comment

I’d rephrase that question

Comment

Working...
                                X