Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't be a bich

Play one!

$299 BC Rich Bich NJ Classic Series. Neck through, Cloud inlays. I'm feeling some mods to this. Like a whole lot of mods!

Click image for larger version

Name:	bich.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	5852862

#1 I'm feeling DiMarzios for this. Not sure what pair. Obviously SuperD and Super3 in cream leap to mind...Maybe ToneZone Air Norton...Maybe X2N and Norton. Maybe something more contemporary. I hear a lot about Liquifire, Crunchlab, Perpetual Burn, etc.

#2 Kahler!!!!!! I have always wanted a Kahler, so Im gonna get one.

#3 Gonna wire the bejeezus out of it! Currently routed for basic knobs and switch. Gonna add taps, phase, and some amount of the BC rich switch craziness. Why? Just because.
    Last edited by Aceman; 09-28-2019, 01:07 PM.
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Re: Don't be a bich

I always liked these guitars from the headstock to the tailpiece . . . but could never get over the wacky chunks missing from the bottom.
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

…...but could never get over the wacky chunks missing from the bottom.
      When they were first released, that chunk is where the other tuners went.... It had 10 strings.

And Ace? Go for the Kahler, 'coz they rock.
      aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Yup... the slot is for the other 4 tuners. Works pretty good too, although it’s sometimes a struggle finding the right songs to use it on. I actually find it to be better for cleans than rockin’ it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Originally posted by The Commodores?
        "Chicken Brown Chicken Brown Cow"

Comment

Pretty guitar. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

looks great, congrats

I've always wanted a kahler too. Not sure I'd put one on that though; it's good to go right now so...

Comment

I'm always impressed with BC Rich's when I pick them up in a shop and jam on them.
              “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

I had one exactly like that. Just decided I was more into the mockingbird shape. But for under $300. You did pretty good.. I would like to see what's involved with the kahler swap..

I have this one for sale if anyone's interested..
                Attached Files
                Last edited by The_Junior; 09-28-2019, 04:38 PM.

Comment

The NJ classics are running 5+ on Reverb etc....If available.

FYI - my first next thru!
                  Originally posted by Bad City
                  He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I had a Mockingbird bass back in the 80's.... See-through pink stain with purple pearl burst around the edges. It was GREAT! The chicks dug it the most. and when I was done with it, one of my female clients had to own it. Wonder where it is now?

Comment

I remember the 80s NJ series was thought of as inferior to a lot of other guitars. I never played one myself, as any BC Rich look ridiculous when I play them, but awesome when anyone else does.
                      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                        #2 Kahler!!!!!! I have always wanted a Kahler, so Im gonna get one.

#3 Gonna wire the bejeezus out of it! Currently routed for basic knobs and switch. Gonna add taps, phase, and some amount of the BC rich switch craziness. Why? Just because.
                        Typically with a tune-o-matic and stop tailpiece you'd want a Kahler 2200 or 7200, but you may have to fill and redrill the stud holes if they aren't in the right place. Your other option is a Kahler 2300/7300, but you'd probably need a stacker plate to account for the neck angle. You'll also want to install a Floyd Rose style locking nut with that rather extreme string angle behind the nut. I've had a Kahler on a Charvel Model 4 since the early 2000s and it's great; I'm thinking about getting a second Explorer and putting a Kahler on that.

If you want to go full BC Rich with the electronics, Neal Moser sells the preamp you'd need.

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                        I remember the 80s NJ series was thought of as inferior to a lot of other guitars. I never played one myself, as any BC Rich look ridiculous when I play them, but awesome when anyone else does.
                        It really depends on which ones you're talking about, and the bolt-on models weren't great. The neck-thru models are a lot better, and the Maxon PAF / SuperD clones sound pretty close to the real deal.
                        Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                        And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Rick Derringer made them look great.

Comment

HNGD!!!
                            Aint no pro but I know what I like....
                            Guitar to sound output:
                            Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

Been looking for one just like that myself, but no luck so far. Awesome find!

HNGD, and rock on!
                              Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

Working...
                              X