NGD: Another grade, 3rd PRS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: Another grade, 3rd PRS

This time it’s an old (‘04?) SE Tremonti. Platinum (read metallic silver) finish, very good condition, almost zero fret wear. Previous owner put a Distortion in the bridge. Sounds much, much better than my other recent SH-6 experiences. The stock neck pickup sounds very good, and he included the original bridge pickup, so I’ll give it a shot at some point.

Restrung it 11-50, and this is further making me think that’s an excellent gauge for the PRS 25” scale. My SE CU24 still has 10-46, and feels really sloppy compared to the other 2 with 11s.
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Re: NGD: Another grade, 3rd PRS

Congrats! Got pics? I always wanted one of those when they were around. I really like metallic finishes.

Comment

Will take some this weekend.
      “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

I so want a PRS but the ones I have tried had that wide neck that I just wasn't fond of
        EHD
        Just here surfing Guitar Pron
        RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
        SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
        Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
        Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
        Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
        Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
        GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

The new Pattern necks are smaller than the old ones. My S2 has a Pattern Regular, which is fairly beefy but doesn’t feel wide. SE Custom 24 isn’t as deep, but the width feels similar. Not sure what the SE Tremonti’s carve is called, but it feels closer to the Pattern Regular than the CU24’s.

Comment

Those old Tremontis have the Wide Fat, IIRC.

Comment

Working...
            X