Fender bridge and block assesmbly on a Classic Vibe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender bridge and block assesmbly on a Classic Vibe

I scored a sweet deal on a used Classic Vibe and I was wondering if a Fender Bridge-Block Assembly would fit in there. I could order a Callaham narrow-spaced block along with a Callaham arm. I know that would fit but I'm wondering about this other option.

As far as I know the Classic Vibe Strats use narrow spacing. But if I pulled the whole bridge-block assembly out of there and stuck in a regular Fender Vintage Spaced with steel block if it would fit properly.

Re: Fender bridge and block assesmbly on a Classic Vibe

Did the guitar arrive yet? Just get an accurate ruler and measure for yourself.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

From what I've read on the Squier Talk forum, the mexican strat bridge assemblies are a drop-in option. Full size block, and the same 2-1/16" string and screw spacing.
      http://www.lonephantom.com
      http://www.seymourduncan.com/blog/author/stephen/

Comment

Play it first and see if it needs the upgrade.
        “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Yeah it may be just fine
          EHD
          Just here surfing Guitar Pron
          RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
          SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
          Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
          Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
          Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
          Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
          GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

I ordered a Mexican Steel Block from Guitar Fetish. I suspect it will fit as one or two other people said not to order the Import block but the Mexican one.

Comment

Let us know how it turns out, I'm looking for the same GF steel block for my MIM Fender Strat and my LTD ST-213.

Comment

I can tell you now that the block is a perfect fit. It's beautiful.

Comment

They have similar bridges as squiers, vintage spec mex etc... drop-in.

I have American deluxe block in mine and it was drop in replacement as well.

"Play it first and see if it needs the upgrade."

It needs. The difference between cheap tin block and proper steel is huge.
                  "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
                  Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

Working...
                  X