NGD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD

I have been wanting a new guitar lately and the local shop I deal with got a used Jackson 7 string in, went and took a look at it and now it lives with my Iceman. Maple fretboard, SD pickups, not 100% which ones but Ill find out when I change the strings.

Wasnt in the market for a Jackson but with the trade in of my acoustic, I couldnt pass it up. Click image for larger version

Name:	1029191038a.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	5853024

Sorry for the sideways pict, gotta run to work now
    1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
    Jackson Soloist 7 string
    ESP LTD M-400
    Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Re: NGD

Always liked the Soloist with that headstock.
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

When you change the strings, I recommend Dunlop Heavy Core's.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
        When you change the strings, I recommend Dunlop Heavy Core's.

I have an EB 7 string set on my 7. Iirc, it’s a .09g set...
        What do you like about the heavy core vs other regular sets?
        Although I havent really experimented with gauges, I feel like the ones I have on there might be too light or at least the low B is too light.

Comment

I installed a set when I changed my bridge pickup a few weeks ago. I used to have NYXL'S 10-64. The Dunlop's are 10-60, I think.
          They take being tuned to A much better than the NYXL'S even though the wound strings are thinner. I think that I could even tune down to G without a problem. And they sound fantastic.

Comment

Oh man, buying a guitar and then having to run off somewhere is only second to having one delivered but you can’t go straight home after work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Had to go to work yesterday only to have to drive 3/4 across NC and stay overnight, so hopefully Ill get to spend some time with it after dinner.

What little bit I played it yesterday, Im happy with it, will be some adjust period for me with it.
              Jackson Soloist 7 string
              ESP LTD M-400

Comment

Been playing the Jackson some, still getting used to having the low B string, still throwing me off.

I did figure out it has a Nazgul/Sentient in it. Def sounds better at a volume a touch bit higher than I normally play. Living in a townhouse, have to keep the volume in check for the neighbors and wife.
                Jackson Soloist 7 string
                ESP LTD M-400

Comment

Working...
                X