NGD....PAUL STANLY WASHBURN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD....PAUL STANLY WASHBURN

Picked this up this week...stumbled across it during a late night browse. I'm HUGE KISS fan, so the fact that it was signed, really caught my attention. I was a little worried about the playability because its a cheap Korean import.

I was pleasantly surprised with the way it setup...nice low action, great fretwork. The pickups aren't great, but their not terrible. It came stock with standard Grover tuners...I added some locking Grovers...same holes, perfect fit.

It has a pretty slim, fast neck...it plays really nice!!! A nice set of Anico IIs and some new pots, and I think this will be an INCREDIBLE guitar!!!

IMG_2500 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_2501 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_2502 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_2503 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_2504 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_2507 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_2508 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_2509 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr
    I'm just a few hundred lessons away from being a great guitar player.......

NGD....PAUL STANLY WASHBURN

That’s pretty cool!

Got a story you’ll like; my cousin Tommy was a guitarist from Queens, NY. When I was about 12 or 13, my family went out to visit (my mom’s sister), and Tommy would take me around to his studio to hang out with his band mates.

I had just started playing, so it was cool hanging out with these older musicians.
    When we were leaving his house he took me across the street to meet his childhood friend Paul. Paul was sitting in the stoop playing an acoustic guitar. I remembered he had two different color Chuck Taylors on. You know where this is going....

Years later my cousin told me that was Ace! And it was funny because in Middle School me and some friends learned the first Kiss album, which had just come out. No one knew who they were yet. We entered the high school battle of the bands. A friend of ours did the makeup on us. We won against the local favorite band who did The Who Live at Leeds. They practiced for 6 months. We practiced for a week. lol.

My mother was a singer, she always said “you need a gimmick” to get somewhere. This proves she was right. [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Re: NGD....PAUL STANLY WASHBURN

DUDE!! That’s an amazing story!!!!
      I'm just a few hundred lessons away from being a great guitar player.......

Comment

Re: NGD....PAUL STANLY WASHBURN

I have liked Washburn stuff since the late 70's, so this one should be no different.
        aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Working...
        X