• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The new Ernie Ball Music Man Vault

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
    I'd like to bring back 'Blue Dawn'.
    That was a nice one.

All I want is an AL HH in Pearlescent white, or the option to do a Y2D or silo special in a mahogany body. :/

Comment

Originally posted by B2D View Post
      That was a nice one.

All I want is an AL HH in Pearlescent white, or the option to do a Y2D or silo special in a mahogany body. :/
      BOTH OF THESE!!!!
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

The Silhouette Special is tasty.

The thing that always frustrates me about EBMM is the extremely limited colour options.

Comment

Here you go: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...t-hh-blue-dawn

And in a shape that you definitely haven't repeatedly said you hate!

I'd like to bring back 'Blue Dawn'.
          ---------------------------
          The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

BOTH OF THESE!!!!
            See what i mean? I'm really not asking a whole lot. For the frets I'd be happy with whatever they use on the Petrucci models.

I'd even settle for maple/basswood on the Y2D

Comment

Originally posted by Silver View Post
              The Silhouette Special is tasty.

The thing that always frustrates me about EBMM is the extremely limited colour options.
              I had one as my main axe for a long time. I always kind of fought with it tonally (I think a thicker/mahogany body would have fixed that) and it really only liked DiMarzio pickups, but for playability it was unmatched.

Comment

The Silhouette Special is my favorite guitar, period (in a modded HH config). I'd love more color choices. They haven't pushed this model in any advertising for years. Tonight's gig was with my flip-flop painted cinnamon USA SUB1. I really dug the textured paints of the SUB1 series.

Comment

The Silhouette Special is my favorite guitar, period (in a modded HH config). I'd love more color choices. They haven't pushed this model in any advertising for years. Tonight's gig was with my flip-flop painted cinnamon USA SUB1. I really dug the textured paints of the SUB1 series.
                  I've always wanted to get a SUB1 and make it a modder platform. Those are poplar bodies IIRC and sound a little 'heftier' than the Silo Specials. They're not as expensive but they aint cheap either.

Comment

I've always wanted to get a SUB1 and make it a modder platform. Those are poplar bodies IIRC and sound a little 'heftier' than the Silo Specials. They're not as expensive but they aint cheap either. The paint on my Silo was kind of fragile - that textured stuff tends to be pretty tough.

Comment

I got mine in a trade, and it is heavier than my Silo Special by about 1 lb. It is also all mids, so I had to put 2 scooped pickups in it to get it to sound 'right' to me: a Jazz and a Custom 5. I also installed an S1 switch to split them both. Everything else is stock.

Comment

Working...
                      X