NO NEW (or used) GUITARS!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NO NEW (or used) GUITARS!!!!!

I'm at -1 guitar and +2 pickups for the year so far (I sold the guitar without pickups and have another set on the way). I need to clear out some pickups soon.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bigcupholder View Post
      I'm at -1 guitar and +2 pickups for the year so far (I sold the guitar without pickups and have another set on the way). I need to clear out some pickups soon.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk
      Ha I’m the opposite -2 pickups +1 guitar.

But I just learned my wife can’t tell the difference between a rosewood telecaster and a cherry sunburst Les Paul, so keeping gas down is going to be very difficult.

Comment

I wanted to steer clear of buying guitars this year, but as of yesterday I am in the midst of a depressing to and fro between myself and my bank account regarding a seemingly mint EII Horizon with Evertune and 7 strings...

Comment

• So...it is the middle of December....and so far, so good!

That said - I have spied 2021's first guitar!!!! And - I will be unloading some guitars to make this happen! This one is not a Budget Banger for sure, although not new.

On that note - Up for Grabs:
          - The Moto/Pearloid Top Hamer
          - The John Deere Dean Vendetta w/ Detonator
          - A Jackson Natural Dinky (Chinese Import)
          - A cheap Dean Cadillac X
          - A BC Rich Platinum project (In need of locking nut nuts and a trem bar)

If you might be interested, look them up on here. Or wherever.
          Originally posted by Bad City
          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

• I still have the Precision Guitar Kits LP Junior DC to finish. Have purchased a few pedals and pickups this year but that’s it.
            Last edited by ErikH; 12-17-2020, 11:21 AM.

Comment

• I'm getting rid of project guitars. I haven't done the projects in 2-3 years. I'm not going to.

Comment

• This project is my Dad guitar, a memory piece of sorts of my Dad. Army green, 1950's specs (when he served), possibly some of his pins on the strap, might incorporate his dog tag somewhere. I'm getting some "how to use a professional paint gun" instructions from a guy who painted at Kramer back in the day. Got a few things to go over and then I'll practice technique before laying the paint it. It's sanded and ready to go otherwise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                  I'm getting rid of project guitars. I haven't done the projects in 2-3 years. I'm not going to.
                  Cut one of those projects up and make s test bed guitar
                  EHD
                  Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                  RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                  SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                  Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                  Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                  Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                  Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                  GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

• This year I moved more gear than I ever have in my life. Bought, sold, and traded. However I am ending the year with one fewer guitars and one fewer amps than I started with.
                    -
                    My Rolling Stones tribute band: The Main Street Exiles

At the battle of the bands, the loser is always the audience. -Demitri Martin

Comment

• Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                      So...it is the middle of December....and so far, so good!
                      Congratulations
                      Keep it up. Not much longer to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post

Cut one of those projects up and make s test bed guitar
                        Nothing really good for it. BC Rich, Floyds, Hamer too pretty to chop....

Comment

• You still got that John Deere Dean?
                          EHD
                          Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                          RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                          SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                          Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                          Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                          Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                          Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                          GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

• This year has been my busiest with guitar gear since geeze, probably 2008 or so. I sold one guitar, reclaimed one from my folks' house (old Fender acoustic), reclaimed another from my crawlspace (Squier Stratacoustic), was gifted another (Guild acoustic), borrowed one (Fender Tele), bought one and returned it (Charvel Pro Mod), bought two to keep (PRS SE Santana, Gibson SG), bought three that I won't be keeping (PRS SE Custom, another PRS SE Santana, Fender Jazzmaster), nearly bought an Ibanez RG, have a Fender Tele arriving today which will hopefully be a keeper, tried 3 different sets of GFS pups in a Strat and returned them all (lipstick tubes, filtertrons, Hot PAFs), tried another 3 sets from my parts drawer in a different Strat (EMG Gilmour knockoffs, Dimarzios, QP knockoffs), tried a Dimarzio set from the parts drawer in one of the Santanas and removed it (Air Zone + Virtual P90), tried a Duncan set in the other Santana and am keeping it (JB + Seth Lover), purchased a Spark amp, upgraded my DAW, built out a pedalboard (EQ + Preamp + Power Brick + MFX), and actually learned traditional techniques for managing my signal chain, both analog and digital. So it's been a lot of gear juggling, but I should come out at the end of the year with 1 amp purchased, 3 guitars purchased, 1 guitar sold, 2 pickups purchased, and 2 pedal accessories purchased.

Been a big year clearly, and a great distraction during covid-19 and having a baby at home. I've learned a ton and am loving my sounds more than ever, from high gain chugging to bluesy chording - also loving knowing the history of certain sounds. Been playing guitar for 20 years and music overall for 25 years, and I've grown a ton this year musically which is encouraging. In 2021, I intend to spend more time on music than I do on gear comparisons and research
                            Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                            Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
                            http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Comment

• 2020 has been the first year in a long time that I didn't buy a guitar.
                              Of course, the year isn't quite over yet... and I did buy a couple of pedals.
                              "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

• 3 guitars this year - 1 new, 2 used & damaged.
                                1 guitar last year - used, two known previous owners.
                                1 guitar in 2018 - "damaged"... how do people not know how to fix a damn loose flange? Still, saved $30.

With the exception of a telecaster, I have all the guitar types "covered". I don't need anymore.

Wants change at every passing second, so who knows what next year might bring.

Comment

Working...
                                X