Zouk................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Zouk................

Very beautiful instruments! That bouziki looks incredible and the accent woods are a beautiful touch!

Total noob question - in the photo where the Dragon inlay is set on the unfinished board, it appears to be totally uncut. How do you go about making room for the frets without ruining the perfect placement of that inlay? Do you just carefully cut out the spots where the fret slots are after gluing it in?

I'm so intrigued by this, my Chinese zodiac is calling to me...

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk
    • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
    • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
    • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
    • G&L Tribute Comanche
    • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
    • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
    • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

Re: Zouk................

Originally posted by Metalman_666 View Post
      Very beautiful instruments! That bouziki looks incredible and the accent woods are a beautiful touch!

Total noob question - in the photo where the Dragon inlay is set on the unfinished board, it appears to be totally uncut. How do you go about making room for the frets without ruining the perfect placement of that inlay? Do you just carefully cut out the spots where the fret slots are after gluing it in?

I'm so intrigued by this, my Chinese zodiac is calling to me...

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk
      yes..

the inlay is laid onto the board and scribed around, then the ebony is removed and the inlay is glued in.
      I then radius the board, and recut the fret slots..carefully!!!..
      then onto binding and frets..
      www.crossleyguitars.com

Comment

Working...
      X