No announcement yet.

Helping out the kid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never even met the kid, but I felt some connection to him. For some reason, Atlee had really been on my mind the last 2 weeks. Turns out that's when Atlee asked his mom to take him back home. He wanted to to sit in his favorite chair by the window looking over the prairie for a while before he would pass. By all accounts, he was a sweet kid that touched a lot of people. The promise and potential of his life was all for naught, and that is truly a great sadness.
    aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

No life is for naught. Everyone will remember him for the rest of their lives, and the memory will change how they live.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
        No life is for naught. Everyone will remember him for the rest of their lives, and the memory will change how they live.
        Yes. It helps the rest of us to keep our "problems" in perspective.
        Last edited by ArtieToo; 03-19-2021, 10:05 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

No life is for naught.
          NOT what I said. You have a reading comprehension problem?

Comment

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post

Instead of being the usual *ssh*le you are, why don’t you try a civilized conversation and explain what you meant.

You have a personality problem?

You’re instantly the most unlikable person I’ve ever had the pleasure to not meet.

Comment

No need to explain. What I wrote is quite plain and understandable.

Now back to the matter at hand... If you'd like to send a condolence card to Atlee's family...

Bobbie Seger
              3995 N Big Bow Grade
              Johnson KS 67855

Comment

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post

You took it way off from what I meant. Appears reading comprehension is a universal problem.

Comment

So how are you planning on retrieving the guitar?

Comment

So how are you planning on retrieving the guitar?
                    Why would I do that?

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post

Instead of being the usual *ssh*le you are, why don’t you try a civilized conversation and explain what you meant.

You have a personality problem?

You’re instantly the most unlikable person I’ve ever had the pleasure to not meet.

Holy crap... causing an argument on a thread about a sick kid?! That's disgraceful. Pointless too. "No life is for naught" means no matter how long someone lives, it's never a waste. It's a common sentiment/platitude in the face of tragedy and it does not warrant intense scrutiny, criticism or further explanation. Even so, it's an incredibly sweet gesture of giving him something fun to do because being stuck in a hospital is one of the most dismal, depressive experience and the thought that he may never leave is heartbreaking. Did you seriously call a guy that got a really beautiful guitar for a sick boy he hasn't met "unlikable?"

Just stop.

Seems like a fair few of you hate ICTGoober. I don't know him but I don't see what he did to upset so many of you and why it had to come to this over a simple misunderstanding Most people get a bit testy when they're in the midst of an awful time. Anyone care to explain?
                      Last edited by El Dunco; 03-20-2021, 10:02 PM.
                      The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

Please, get back on topic.
                        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Beer$ View Post

Holy crap... causing an argument on a thread about a sick kid?! That's disgraceful. Pointless too. "No life is for naught" means no matter how long someone lives, it's never a waste. It's a common sentiment/platitude in the face of tragedy and it does not warrant intense scrutiny, criticism or further explanation. Even so, it's an incredibly sweet gesture of giving him something fun to do because being stuck in a hospital is one of the most dismal, depressive experience and the thought that he may never leave is heartbreaking. Did you seriously call a guy that got a really beautiful guitar for a sick boy he hasn't met "unlikable?"

Just stop.

Seems like a fair few of you hate ICTGoober. I don't know him but I don't see what he did to upset so many of you and why it had to come to this over a simple misunderstanding Most people get a bit testy when they're in the midst of an awful time. Anyone care to explain?
                          Clearly you haven’t seen how much of a jerk he typically is....
                          My post has nothing to do with the kid in the hospital. It’s about his reaction to beau brummels post.
                          His first reaction to damn near everything is rudeness, and THATS what is unnecessary and disgraceful.
                          Last edited by Gtrjunior; 03-21-2021, 05:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                            Please, get back on topic.
                            Sorry Dave...I’m done.

Comment

Originally posted by Beer$ View Post

I am actually a fan of Mr. Goober...lol..really. He's so original, definitely unlike those with artificial 'mr.nice guy trying to win everybody's heart' attitude I often see here...lol.

Comment

Beats the hell out of me why so many small minds are focusing on one word - naught - and skipping over the words promise and potential. Like I said - it's all there in plain English, if you bother to look.

Comment

Working...
                                X