banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guys,Call Me Crazy? Played $2600 PRS The Other Day,And?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Guys,Call Me Crazy? Played $2600 PRS The Other Day,And?

Originally posted by Norman_T
    John

I am so sorry about this (my '68 335 for you to drool) .....................

Norman

Geez Norman and the whole time I thought you were my buddy! I hate you for showing me this!

John
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandemonium
      Put me in that camp too, but to each his own. I also believe negative opinions on guitars and gear are just as valid and just as useful as positive ones.
      I agree and I really tryed to let everyone know that my post was purely a topic of discussion on my part and just one's opinion..I don't dislike the PRS product whatsoever..It's just that the one I tryed wasn't for me really? Some guys like blondes,some brunettes...Is one better than the other? No.. The PRS guitars are some of the absolute best looking guitars to look at and maybe the one I played just wasn't "The One" I'd buy..No big deal really.

John
      Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Originally posted by rspst14
        John, have you ever tried a Hamer? I think they make some of the finest guitars money can buy. I bet you'd like a used $600 Hamer Studio better than anything costing over $2000. Those Hollowbody PRS's are nice, but I couldn't justify buying one when I could pick up a Hamer Newport for half the price. Same thing with the McCarty models. They're beautiful, but I don't think they play or sound any better than the Hamer models that cost half as much. Of course, Gibson and PRS guitars will always hold their value better than other brands, and that will factor into a lot of people's decisions.

Ryan
        Hello Ryan..I haven't tryed the Hamer...As a lefty,I'm very limited as to what I can buy...I do have some very great lefty guitars though and I'm not pouting! I have quite the collection actually..

John

Comment

To each his own.

Some like 'em.
          Some don't.

I dont.

Comment

I'm not sure what all the hub-bub is about.....as long as SOMEONE makes a Tele, I'm good!!!

Actually, I have a policy: If it's over $1000.00, I don't touch it...so I've never played a PRS (not even that caca Santana or Tremonti B.S.). Many a fine guitar can be had for under a grand & I...personally...can't see paying the price for "perceived" tone. All of the guitars I've owner were under $1000.00 & they've suited me just fine.

Guitars: Frankinstein TeleBird/Classic Vibe Esquire w/BG-1400/Martin 000-28EC
            Amps: 3rd Power Dream Solo 4 '68 Plexi/Port City Wave 2x12
            FX: Skinpimp Faceplant/Skinpimp 3OD/Flyin' Dragon

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fa...wn/id786464154
            http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/seanhanley

Comment

i've only handled a few...and have never plugged one in...

they do have excellent craftsmanship...at least all of the ones i handled were...

i gotta a feeling with a pup switch...i'd manage to have fun owning one...!?

but everyone is different...different tastes...different hand sizes...different "ears"...?!

if everyone played the same guitar...blah, blah, yuck!!!
              Originally posted by jeremy
              God hates bad guitar tone
              GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
              AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
              EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
              Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss
                i've only handled a few...and have never plugged one in...

they do have excellent craftsmanship...at least all of the ones i handled were...

i gotta a feeling with a pup switch...i'd manage to have fun owning one...!?

but everyone is different...different tastes...different hand sizes...different "ears"...?!

if everyone played the same guitar...blah, blah, yuck!!!
                See this is one of the things that I don't like...Guys spend big money on a PRS and then have to put Duncan pickups into it! That is so wrong..If I pay this kind of money for an upgraded custom guitar,it had better rub my back at night when I Jump into bed! I'll stick with my ole strats,teles,Les Paul,and SG and suffer with those!

John

Comment

Originally posted by STRATDELUXER97
                  I'll stick with my ole strats,teles,Les Paul,and SG and suffer with those!
                  I hear that It's just.. terrible, with all that sucky mojo stuff
                  My Duncan demos and songs

Comment

well i bought one guitar that was really expensive but i didn't have to put duncans in, it already had them

Norman, i just want to say that i hate you for showing me that pic. I would love one of those but i just bought/am having made for me a custom tele. Thnaks for the gas while i still own $300 on the new tele. thanks a lot
                    Cleveland Guitars

Comment

i've never been real wild about PRS's. i've played a couple and none that i have played have ever really stood out as incredible playing guitars. for every PRS i played, i found a gibson that played better. but PRS's sure are pretty though.
                      Fender John Mayer Strat
                      Gibson SG Special w/ JB bridge
                      PRS Soapbar II SE
                      Bad Cat Cub IIR 1x12
                      Budda Twinmaster and matching 2x12 cab

Taylor 614CE

Comment

btw norman thats a nice 335
                        Fender John Mayer Strat
                        Gibson SG Special w/ JB bridge
                        PRS Soapbar II SE
                        Bad Cat Cub IIR 1x12
                        Budda Twinmaster and matching 2x12 cab

Taylor 614CE

Comment

Originally posted by STRATDELUXER97
                          Hello Ryan..I haven't tryed the Hamer...As a lefty,I'm very limited as to what I can buy...I do have some very great lefty guitars though and I'm not pouting! I have quite the collection actually..

John
                          John,

I hope that I am forgiven (for showing that 335 - thanks for the compliment guys) but you did ask

Anyway do not get me on the subject of Hamer guitars otherwise I may have to be sorry again!!

Norman
                          Normans Guitars

Comment

John,

I hope that I am forgiven (for showing that 335 - thanks for the compliment guys) but you did ask

Anyway do not get me on the subject of Hamer guitars otherwise I may have to be sorry again!!

Norman
                            Ok...I'll forgive ya and we're still buddies! But you sure know how to hurt a guy Norman! LOL Nice 335 also and excuse me for not telling you that in my first post...

John

Comment

PRSi kick total butt. I've never played a bad one and I've played a ton of them. Sorry to weigh in late.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

John

I am so sorry about this (my '68 335 for you to drool) .....................

Norman

Norman,

After careful consideration, and a review of all the OUTSTANDING gear you have, I am going to have to ask you to return the Highway 1 strat. (LOL)
                                That is a damn nice looking guitar. I'm not a hollowbody fan, but something about the 335's intrigues me. I'd love to own one someday. You are truely blessed to own and have played some of these pieces of equipment. Hope you make it to the US this year....I'd love to meet you in person!
                                My Sound Clips

Comment

Working...
                                X