Did I screw this up? Vote inside!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Did I screw this up? Vote inside!

In those pics where it is fully framed, it has a cool looking into deep-space vibe for me. I think you did not screw it up.
    I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

The finish is amazing. I’ve never seen another guitar like it. Lots of subtle details that may not stick out at first look, but that you notice and appreciate as you give it a second look. I really like it. Great job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by orpheo View Post
        Oh yeah, the backplates are polycarbonate and I am thinking of giving them a bit of texture? Also, I know there's no trussrod cover: I kinda started hating those and I stopped doing that on my newest guitars; deal with it
        Looks like there's a cover on in the top photo.
        Originally Posted by IanBallard
        Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

I always enjoy looking at your builds...you have a very unique way of seeing things. This one is no exception. I love the creative uniqueness of it.
          Originally Posted by IanBallard
          Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

I like the 2nd one much more personally.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
              Looks like there's a cover on in the top photo.
              I promise you there's no cover

Comment

Originally posted by GreatOz View Post
                I like the 2nd one much more personally.
                whoopwhoop; me too!

Comment

Originally posted by orpheo View Post
                  Thanks ( are you talking about the old or new finish by the way?).

This axe is totally not your thing, though. It's way too heavy (a true LP in that sense) and screams like a banshee.
                  I mean the new finish. I can still appreciate instruments that I can't use professionally. I like all kinds of designs.
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I'm not voting.

I really like the burst - but the splatter killed it.

I think a redo would be in order. The color is bad@$$. Buff the top of those dome knobs to silverish
                    Originally posted by Bad City
                    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I definitely wouldn't say you screwed it up. I'd play either, but the copper finish looks waaaaaaaaaaay more interesting. It won't be everyone's cup of tea, but it's cooler than the generic purpleburst. The cool thing about the splatter is that it'll do a literal ton to hide wear marks from picking and anchoring and the like.

I say cool job.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                        I'm not voting.

I really like the burst - but the splatter killed it.

I think a redo would be in order. The color is bad@$$. Buff the top of those dome knobs to silverish
                        I'm really surprised that the splatter is a buzzkill for so many of you. I won't redo this because this finish (process) is very, very expensive. Just to give you an idea: a normal finish costs me around 50 euro's (filler, dye, top coats), this is almost 200 (filler, 2K primer, 2K black, the two chameleon basecoats, topcoats). It's just not worth it. Also, I had some issues with the edges near the neck with this finish and doing yet another will be way, way too difficult to get it clean. This finish is here to stay till the end of time, or till the universe comes to an end I will do something similar like this, but in White Pearl with gold chameleon burst, sans splatter, to soup up an old body again.

Comment

That is very cool. Such a unique finish. Nicely done. I could go with or without the splatter. From a distance it almost adds this "view of the stars" thing to it even though the splatter is red.

Comment

Yeah, it looks to me like a nebula, and I am a space nerd.
                            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                            X