Clear All

Re: Any PRS SE love among us ?

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
    yeah but smooth was a $10k+ prs, not an se
    Mere technicality.

Comment

Mere technicality.
      10 times more expensive is NOT mere in anyone's lexicon.
      aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

I've got three SE's.
        SE Custom 24 (replaced pickups with SD Seth Lover set)
        SE Custom 22 semi hollow (again replaced with SD Seth Lover set)
        SE 245 (kept the stock pickups which are actually quite nice)
        The SE's are a real bargain (even with a pickup swap)
        Disclaimer.....I do also have a Core Custom 24, but still get plenty of playing time with the SE's.
        Last edited by 64 Tele; 04-20-2020, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Hell, yes.

My 30th Anniversary Custom 24 Flametop even almost rivals my LP Traditional's sustains. Impressive for the price and for a tremolo-equipped guitar.

This one has a Custom in the bridge and a Pearly Gates in the neck, with series/parallel switching via push/pulls on both pots.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1587435836352.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	5818862
          Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

SE One, here. Got a stupid deal on it and couldn't turn it down. New tuners and a new pickup turned it into a great guitar. I love the huge neck, one of the few guitars with a neck like that at a lower price point I've ever found.

Comment

2013 SE Santana here, with P-Rails, Triple Shots and Gotoh locking tuners.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0807.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	5818863

Comment

I am NEVER quick to mention Squire.

Now, SQUIER...

Originally posted by SirJackdeFuzz II View Post
                When folks for a gig'able HH pro-like guitar, in the sub $800.00 region, we are quick to mention Epiphone & Squire.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]104358[/ATTACH]
                ---------------------------
                The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

Own 2: A Tremonti single-cut, and a double-cut, paid about $400.00 each brand new. Swapped out the pickups for Duncan (Screamin' Demon in the bridge on the Tremonti, Gibson Burstbucker in the bridge of the other), also added PRS locking tuners, they are great sounding (and playing) guitars!

Comment

I've got one - SE Custom 24. Great guitars for the price - it's hard to find something bad that comes out of the WMI factory in S Korea. I've got a couple gripes - the body is severely ass-heavy, and it's so glossy it tends to slide off the back of my leg when I'm sitting to the point I had to strap it like a V, and the nut is pretty awful and binds all the time - but nothing so serious that it really detracts from the guitar. For the ~$750 price tag, it's way more than you pay for. I put a '59/Custom Hybrid in the bridge and it's good to go.

Comment

I own several PRS core models, but I have played a handful of the Se’s and I own several Esp ltd’s made in the same factories. The ltd’s seem to follow the same rules as the Se’s, the earlier wmi ones from Korea were very nicely finished, while the newer Cortek made Indonesian ones are a little sloppy on the finish work.

I have a black flame ltd and it’s so dark the flame top is barely visible, where some of the earlier ones really pop. I have heard the same for the whale blue color on the Se’s that it’s almost black. The Indonesian ltd is super heavy too, but it sounds really good.

It seems like they are getting better though, those Paul’s guitars on the Se line are very tempting and I’ll probably buy a mark Holcomb svn later this year. I know I’ll need tuners and a nut up front. I’m still not sure I would pay the premium for a strandburg made there though.

Comment

I've owned a bunch of the older ones and they've all been good to great. When I get bored I look for a deal on eBay or Reverb. They are a superb value used, IMO. I like to tinker with them and generally end up selling them when I get bored again . I have an SE One that I've modified a lot and it's a lifer. Best SE model of all.

I put the Pegasus/Sentient set in a 7-string. Loved those pickups and it was a fun guitar.

Comment

I've had a couple of the Santana SE models since they came out, I think mine are 2nd year, the year the pickguards were added. One has Seth Lovers in it, the other has an Air Zone and a 36th Ann neck. I had Duncan 59 set in that one and it rocked, but I moved those to my SG.
                          I've owned a first year SE without the pickguard, but it did not play as well as the later ones I have, so its gone.
                          Had one of the fatter bottomed Santana SE's, but could not get used to the way it balanced while sitting.
                          Had an SE model with P90 style pickups but sold it when I realized you couldn't replace the pickups with Duncan P90's.
                          Bought an SE245 second year they were out because I loved the way they felt, and I liked to never found a pickup set I liked in it. Finally tried 2 pickups I didn't think i would like and it was magic. Regular Norton in the bridge and Fred in the neck. What a great combo. My guess is that a Liquifire would also work really well in it with that Norton bridge.
                          Would like to try one of the new S2 models that is similar just to see how much difference there is, but I have no complaints about my SE models.

Comment

When I switched to playing bass last year, I sold all my guitars to fund it. The only guitar I kept is an SE Custom 24. After trying a few other pickups in it, I went back to the stock HFS/Vintage Bass. The only mod is a set of Planet Waves locking tuners.
                            “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post
                              I have a tobacco sunburst with the P-90's and hardtail, and a Whale Blue SE with the whammy. Would LOVE to get a Santana - maybe yellow or orange.
                              I like the black and natural fin. myself.

Formerly known as; SirJackdeFuzz (7400+ posts)

Comment

Originally posted by Lewguitar View Post
                                I have three SE Singlecuts. Great guitars now that I put Duncan pickups in them all.

I have Seth Lovers in one.

59's with a roughcast A3 and A2 magnet swap in another.

And Antiquitys in my favorite.
                                Great to hear !

Once i get mine back, i too will have a Seth Lover set in it.
                                What can i expect from an SE with these pick ups ?
                                Formerly known as; SirJackdeFuzz (7400+ posts)

Comment

Working...
                                X