Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nexion218
    replied
    Re: Would you spend $40 on an output jack?

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
    I've requested their resistance testing data -as they give ZERO diligence or support to their claims on the website.

I'd say there are probably benefits to the rigidity and the system for reliability if you are doing rock move every night on a big tour, but tone and resistance claims are another thing that I have to see some science on.Remember -we are talking audio spectrum only -and guitar spectrum is much smaller -anytime someone makes a claim for better tone for audio bandwidths, I gotta see the science.

BUT -if you're making better system as this company wants -why not ditch all of this and do a new jack and plug system altogether? Thats what I used to do.

Also, I use to put $100-200 Jack Lemo multipin MIL SPec locking connections in my guitars 20 years ago. -you can get way crazier than this.
    That's it? You need science? I was expecting more from you regarding a high priced audio accesory and 6k cable... (I AM KIDDING! )

Leave a comment:

• nexion218
    replied

Originally posted by Erlend_G View Post
    Haha, that Qi Jack commercial GIF, reminds me of (apardon me) ... the "fleshlight" XD

... sorry, don't ban me for saying this.
    Shouldn't have apologized. That way people would've thought you just made a typo...

Leave a comment:

• NegativeEase
    replied

I've requested their resistance testing data -as they give ZERO diligence or support to their claims on the website.

I'd say there are probably benefits to the rigidity and the system for reliability if you are doing rock move every night on a big tour, but tone and resistance claims are another thing that I have to see some science on.Remember -we are talking audio spectrum only -and guitar spectrum is much smaller -anytime someone makes a claim for better tone for audio bandwidths, I gotta see the science.

BUT -if you're making better system as this company wants -why not ditch all of this and do a new jack and plug system altogether? Thats what I used to do.

Also, I use to put $100-200 Jack Lemo multipin MIL SPec locking connections in my guitars 20 years ago. -you can get way crazier than this.

Leave a comment:

• Erlend_G
    replied

Haha, that Qi Jack commercial GIF, reminds me of (apardon me) ... the "fleshlight" XD

... sorry, don't ban me for saying this.

Leave a comment:

• Erlend_G
    replied

I swear on Timber Tones wooden picks- after I discovered them; i would never use a plastic one again!!

Depends if the jack is of superior quality, and will outlast a number of cheaper ones...

But well, I'm no idiot, and steer far away from "high end" stuff .

Leave a comment:

• PFDarkside
    replied

I’d understand changing to a locking jack, etc. if one were heavily touring, etc...

If the argument is for tone, shouldn’t you replace all the jacks in your entire signal chain?

Leave a comment:

• ehdwuld
    replied

Originally posted by MikeS View Post
    I would not. Switchcraft is fine with me. If I felt like a needed multiple points of contact, there are options for $5.

Besides, the input jack is never the weakest link in my tone. That distinction goes to my fingers.
    Careful what you call an input jack
    Some people take exception to that

Leave a comment:

• ehdwuld
    replied

Originally posted by Dave Locher View Post
    Those jacks seem to be going on the principle of "more contact means better sound!" but the pickup signal still goes through tiny gauge wires to get to the @@#$ jack!

Until they can show a voltage drop caused by Switchcraft jacks I would even consider it.
    Now, if the selling point is security or durability then maybe they aren't robbing people, but it sure looks like a complicated solution to a simple problem to me.
    If you are talking about the pure tone
    I must take exception

The pure tone corrects a problem I have had with loose connections
    Because the single thingy bent
    Usually because someone set the guitar on the couch or floor instead of a proper hanger

The pure tone is less likely to lose contact this way

I may be wrong but that's the way I justify it

You may be right

I have some guitars with the barrel jacks that I hate
    Mainly because I cant see what's going on inside
    Probably the same as the one in the OP

Leave a comment:

• MikeS
    replied

I would not. Switchcraft is fine with me. If I felt like a needed multiple points of contact, there are options for $5.

Besides, the input jack is never the weakest link in my tone. That distinction goes to my fingers.

Leave a comment:

• Dave Locher
    replied

Those jacks seem to be going on the principle of "more contact means better sound!" but the pickup signal still goes through tiny gauge wires to get to the @@#$ jack!

Until they can show a voltage drop caused by Switchcraft jacks I would even consider it.
    Now, if the selling point is security or durability then maybe they aren't robbing people, but it sure looks like a complicated solution to a simple problem to me.

Leave a comment:

• ArtieToo
    replied

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
    I use the pure tone jacks with the double thingy
    They work just fine
    I can get two for 8 bucks on Amazon

Most I want to spend
    Yup. I use those too. Just ordered some mono and stereo ones.

Leave a comment:

• eclecticsynergy
    replied

IMO a well-engineered solution for a problem that doesn't exist. Switchcraft have always worked just fine for me.

Perhaps more complex than necessary - will they hold up for long years of use?

Leave a comment:

• ItsaBass
    replied

I've never had even the cheapest jack fail due to build quality. Loose connections, yes. But that can happen on any solder-lug jack over time. As for a sound difference? Take off! I'm not as stupid as I look!

Leave a comment:

• ehdwuld
    replied

I use the pure tone jacks with the double thingy
    They work just fine
    I can get two for 8 bucks on Amazon

Most I want to spend

Leave a comment:

• dr.barlo
    replied

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
    As long as we're on this theme, how about $6600 for a guitar cable. (Yup, $6600. No typo.)

https://analysis.plus/product/gold-oval/
    I guess they intend people to wear them after gigs...

B

Leave a comment:

Working...
X