NGD: 1988 Nightswan Blue Sparkle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
    Always liked the Swans. Unfortunately they are too small for me to play. They look like a toy strapped on my shoulder. My '88 Baretta has similar wear on the back of the neck.
    I had a little concern about that myself as I researched the Nightswan and read that the body shape was designed to be "12% smaller than a standard Strat shape". I am a stocky build at 5'9" 225lbs with a 48" chest and 36" waist but it's actually quite comfortable and I don't notice or think anything such as its a small guitar or it not feeling substantial when I play it.
    Last edited by muttznmongrelz; 08-21-2020, 08:21 AM.
    MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Imperial
    1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
    1988 Kramer Nightswan
    1989 Charvel Sambora
    2016 Warmoth Hellacaster
    Boogie Private Reserve Lone Star Combo
    Rivera Hundred Duo Twelve

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Top-L View Post
      Just want to add, I really like you taste in cars and guitars!

Whoever routed the neck single did an amazing job. Looks factory and it balances out the look of the guitar.
      Thank you. I'm kind of "old school/classic" when it comes to cars...well...that and I'm old anyway having grown up as a kid in the late 60s/early 70s with American Muscle Cars being plentiful and relatively cheap. I wish they were now.

As to the neck pickup routing; prior owner from whom I purchased told said that Doc Pittillo @ The Guitar Doctor in Fountain Valley, CA did the neck pickup route and Jumbo 6100 refret. I would agree he did well as it was a nice clean factory looking route with shielding.
      MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Imperial
      1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
      1988 Kramer Nightswan
      1989 Charvel Sambora
      2016 Warmoth Hellacaster
      Boogie Private Reserve Lone Star Combo
      Rivera Hundred Duo Twelve

sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X