Kudo's To Some Great Service - Amp Mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kudo's To Some Great Service - Amp Mods

As many of you know, I am looking to have my JCM 800 modded. I have worked out some arrangements with Jeff Seal and will be shipping him my amp shortly. Jeff is a top notch guy, great to talk to, and always helpful on this and other forums. He offers his knowledge freely and considerately whenever I see him post....a class act all the way.

I also sent e-mails to several well known amp modders last week and early this week, just to see what was available for my amp, and at what cost. Out of a half dozen e-mails, only 2 people have even bothered to reply. I received very courteous, prompt and extremely helpful e-mails from:

Scott Splawn
    Trace @ Voodoo

Scott was recommended to me by Lee_M and Jeremy and others have raved about Trace for sometime.

In addition to Jeff Seal, I would highly recommend either of these gentlemen if any of you are considering custom amp mods or tweaks. I believe each of them offers slightly different mods and services, but all are top notch, and both Scott and Trace asked me to pass on warm regards to everyone here on the forum.

Not enough is said about good people who go out of their way to offer great service. These guys are probably as busy as any amp tech's in the country, and they find the time to send such wonderful replys to a regular Joe like me.

Hats off gentlemen.
    My Sound Clips

Re: Kudo's To Some Great Service - Amp Mods

that's cool to hear...that they're still are good people to deal with in this world...!!?
    Originally posted by jeremy
    God hates bad guitar tone
    GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
    AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
    EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
    Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

Jeff,

Thanks for posting this. It is always helpful to know which Techs are respectful and willing to help average Joes like us. I keep hearing wonderful things about Trace-Voodoo, and know first-hand that Scott Splawn is a tremendous guy.

I hope Jeff turns your amp into a tone machine. Let us know how it goes!

Best,
      Lee Moore
      Guitars: 2006 Custom Order VOS '59 Reissue w/ MJ 'Duane PAFs'; 2002 '58 Reissue w/ RS Fralin Neck and Timbucker Bridge; 1989 Clapton Strat with Chubtone '63's; 1994 Tom Dodson Custom Strat with 14 year-old Hot Rails, and Classic Stack; 1991 Tele Plus Deluxe w/ Tremelo and Dually Red-Lace Sensors

Duncan Strat Pickups I've Tried: Hot Rails, 5/2's, Classic Stack, Antiquity I's & AII's, PGn and PGb, '59n and '59b, Standard Custom, Sreamin Deamon, various Antiquities & MJ Custom PAFs.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee_M.
        Jeff,

Thanks for posting this. It is always helpful to know which Techs are respectful and willing to help average Joes like us. I keep hearing wonderful things about Trace-Voodoo, and know first-hand that Scott Splawn is a tremendous guy.

I hope Jeff turns your amp into a tone machine. Let us know how it goes!

Best,
        Lee Moore
        Trace Allen is a personal friend of mine,does great work,knows his stuff,and always comes highly recommended by me...I Own one of his ex-Marshall heads that he gigged with...

John
        Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

The last time I was at Jeffs shop he was playing his modded Marshall. Fender clean and Marshall mean is the only way to describe it. I think you will be pleased with his work.

And your right..he is a super nice guy.

J
          Low wattage rocks!
          Bumbox Lead 1
          Orange Tiny Terror
          Vox 120VTH
          ----------------------
          Gibson LP Standard - SG Supreme
          Agile LP-2500 - Jackson JSX-94

Comment

I have done some business with Trace, and I can only say that it has been superb.........No other word to describe it. I had my Rivera mod by him and recently bought a Vooodoo amps V-plex which is a clone or replica of the 1968 (point to point) Marshal Plexi. Excellent customer service and quality................I highly recommend Trace and Anthony at voodoo amps for any mod or custom work. I've never tried any of the hex or witch doctor, but I hear nothing but good things about it......
            Gear:
            Gauge Custom Guitars Double Cutaway
            1988 Strat (copy)
            Voodoo AmpsV-Plex 100w
            Voodoo amps 20:20 and 50:50 cables
            Bob Burt Custom CabinetsCustom 2x12 cab

For Sale:

Comment

Originally posted by pureoldsound
              I've never tried any of the hex or witch doctor, but I hear nothing but good things about it......
              I have some bad things to say about the hex!

Comment

Originally posted by mrid
                I have some bad things to say about the hex!
                really, send me a Pm message Ian.
                Gear:
                Gauge Custom Guitars Double Cutaway
                1988 Strat (copy)
                Voodoo AmpsV-Plex 100w
                Voodoo amps 20:20 and 50:50 cables
                Bob Burt Custom CabinetsCustom 2x12 cab

For Sale:

Comment

Nice to hear about some quality amp techs. If I need my amp tweaked in the future, I would love to go to any of those three gentlemen.

I'm not sure what any of those guys could do to my Triamp, but it would be sweet to have a few of my channels tweaked (with some tweaking, that could be one of the finest amps in the world no doubt).
                  Originally posted by kevlar3000
                  I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
                  Originally posted by Zerberus
                  Better is often the enemy of good
                  Originally posted by ginormous
                  Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Originally posted by the_Chris
                    Nice to hear about some quality amp techs. If I need my amp tweaked in the future, I would love to go to any of those three gentlemen.

I'm not sure what any of those guys could do to my Triamp, but it would be sweet to have a few of my channels tweaked (with some tweaking, that could be one of the finest amps in the world no doubt).

whats wrong with the triamp?

germ
                    Jeremy Ledford
                    Tone Guru Extroardinaire
                    Tone Shop

Comment

Working...
                    X