Rackmount or pedal tuner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rackmount or pedal tuner?

Hey guys I've been wanting to purchase a furman power conditioner for my amp and pedals and such to get rid of some hum (flourescent lighting and such). Since I'm gonna be purchasing a rack, I figured i'd buy a new tuner since i have a $10 cheapy one. I was looking at the Korg DTR-1000 rackmount and the Boss TU-2. What would you guys recommend?
    Marshall JCM2000 DSL50 Head!
    Avatar 4x12 Slant Cab w/ 2 V12's and 2 GB12's
    Schecter 006 Elite w/ Duncan Custom
    Fender Std. Strat w/ Invader

Re: Rackmount or pedal tuner?

The BOSS TU-2 is a great Tuner for the $$$. A nice Korg Rack Tuner is Always a good bet. I've also had good luck with the Sabine Rack Tuners. Just depends on how much you want to spend. Right now, I use the TU-2, and have had no problems with it.
    Only The Strong Survive

Comment

I'd go tu-2 cheaper and just as good. Also I think i'll be less wires because for you to mute while tuning you'd have to run a stomp box from the rack. This is assuming your playing live.

Comment

TU-2 works great live. I've had one for quite a while now. It's very convenient having it there for when you need to mute for other reasons, such as changing your guitar.

I don't have a volume pedal in my chain.

Comment

TU-2. For the money you can't beat it.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Rig: Gibson SG's > Peterson Strobostomp > Guyatone SV-2 Slow Volume > Voodoo Labs Microvibe > MXR '74 Phase 90 > Barber Tone Press > Barber Tone Pump > Skreddy Pink Flesh > Boss DM-2 > Maxon GE601 Graphic EQ > Reverend Kingsnake
          buggjuice.net
          MySpace: Mac-P

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

The rackmounted Petersen Strobotuner is IMO the best utner around, if you can find one (they´re expensive, and IIRC the rack version has been discontinued).

Accurate to 1/1000th of a cent, instant reaction, programmable for things like Buzz Feiten. Perfect IMO
            Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

I have a few tuners around the house, but the Korg Toneworks DTR-2 is the one I always use. I can see it in my rack when I run wireless from 1/2 a barroom away. On a dark stage the big display is a must.
              www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
              www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
              http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

Check out the new Peterson Strobostomp. They are particularly useful if you do your own setups, because they have the same accuracy as the strobe tuners the techs use. I've had a Peterson VS-1 for a few years now, and I can't imagine being without it. One of the best gear purchases I've ever made.

Ryan
                Originally posted by JOLLY
                I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

The TU-2 does the job nicely for me and cannot complain, but i do not use a rack. If its more convienient to be in the rack and you dont mind the extra cash needed, go for the rack. You cant go wrong with the TU-2 though, and you can mute the signal aswell which is handy sometimes.

Comment

I use a Matrix box. It's thae last box on my pedalboard. It has a monitor jack, so when I switch it on it only I can hear it (if I have phones on) sometimes (when playing live) I plug a ¼" jack end in the monitor, and when I turn it on it runs everything silent!!! it works well i have had it a very long time, so apparently its dependable!
                    "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
                    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys!

With the majority saying the TU-2, it seems that is the direction I'll probably go. I still want something that gives me a good current like the furman, only in non-rack form, does anyone know of any?
                      Marshall JCM2000 DSL50 Head!
                      Avatar 4x12 Slant Cab w/ 2 V12's and 2 GB12's
                      Schecter 006 Elite w/ Duncan Custom
                      Fender Std. Strat w/ Invader

Comment

Power werks makes cool power conditioners, you can find them on ebay. A little tricky but I guarentee they are on there.

Comment

Working...
                        X