banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a AB connector or rack router/mixer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a AB connector or rack router/mixer?

I need a good brand for an AB connector. I want to use it between two preamps, and the mono input on a HushSuper C. I ended up getting a 1/4 cable split pigtail and it worked like crap. The signal got all screwed up. Any other suggestions? I am using an ABY for the inputs on the two preamps. I need the signal to run mono throu the entire rack. I have been having problems kicking off one preamp on the ABY, and it becoming a stereo or mono signal throughout the rack depending on the ABY. That gives me volume problems. I am not sure if I need a line mixer/router. I am not familiar with those.

Thanks
    Egnater M4 (2) Recto, Blackface, Plexi
    VHT 2502
    (2) Randal XLT 4X12
    (2) Jackson SL2H USA Soloist (SH-1n, TB-6b)
    Jackson SL1 (Classic Stack, Classic Stack, TB-6b)
    Keeley TS-9 Mod Plus & TS-9 Baked Mod
    http://www.robertkeeley.com
    Line 6 Echo Pro and Mod Pro
    Chandler Digital Echo Delay

Re: Looking for a AB connector or rack router/mixer?

Hey Cory, I'm thinking a line mixer would be the best bet. You might want to send an email to these guys...

They made a few nice switchers for me and they may have the right answer for your dual RM4 rig.

BTW - the "clean" module will be shipped to you tomorrow. FYI - It put Chinese tubes in it a few months ago, so you won't hear it as it would sound as if shipped from Randall with the Sovtek crap.
    (2) Randall RM4 preamps, VHT 2502 Power amp, 2 2x12 Bogner cabs w/V30's and Lead 80's, '74 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop, '89 Gibson Les Paul Cherryburst, '93 Stratocaster, and a bunch of other stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkman
      Hey Cory, I'm thinking a line mixer would be the best bet. You might want to send an email to these guys...

They made a few nice switchers for me and they may have the right answer for your dual RM4 rig.

BTW - the "clean" module will be shipped to you tomorrow. FYI - It put Chinese tubes in it a few months ago, so you won't hear it as it would sound as if shipped from Randall with the Sovtek crap.
      Thanks Hawk

The Modern module will be shipped tomorrow morning via FED EX. Shipping room was busy today. I will PM the tracking number to you tomorrow morning. You should get it in at least 2 days.

Thanks again
      VHT 2502
      (2) Randal XLT 4X12

Comment

Check into the Axess Electronics GRX-4.
        Providing guitarists with industry leading support and trusted; buffers, MIDI footcontrollers, amp controllers, and effect pedal loop switchers since 1998.

That might do the trick for you.

Duke
        www.dukeofmetal.tk

Comment

Well I talked to Analogman, and he said he could only make a box that would run either or preamps. I would also like to run both at the same time.

I dropped an email with Axess Electronics to see if their GRX4 Router/Switcher would do the trick. I haven't heard back from them yet.

I have been also talking with a guy at Rane. He says his 26B Splitter/Mixer "Swiss Army Knife" will do the trick. I'm a little fuzzy on the specs, so I am waiting for a reply as to exactly how I would set it up.

We'll see.
          VHT 2502
          (2) Randal XLT 4X12

Comment

YEEESSS!! Looks like the Rane will work. Guess what I'm getting.
            VHT 2502
            (2) Randal XLT 4X12

Comment

Working...
            X