Power Tab users ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Tab users ...

How many people use, or are even aware of the power Tab program? It's a cool program created by Brad larson (I think that's the gentleman's name), it was create to allow people to author and print their own professional looking Tab/Manuscript
    (just like those note for note transcriptions )... it's cool because it's not just for guitar .... any instrument with 3 to 7 strings can be input, has a guitar page and a bass page, you can use it to do lead sheets, or full on transcriptions, contains all copyright data
    and it uses the sound card in your computer fro the playback of the piece, you can generate midi files as well as import midi files for it to transcribe (although the accurarcy is dependent on a couple of things).You can even use it as a cheap sequencer.
    I might add that it also free ... and eventually there will be an even better version coming out that will incorporate percussion/drum lines.
    There are also a ton of sites that have PT files for you to download, some guitar sites also have downloadable lessons.
    So how many are interested? If so I'll try to post the URL so you can go to the site and download the program ...
    ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
    ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
    Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Well, i see the interest is just huge ... ...
    Well ... here is the anyone intersted can go here ...

... that's the latest place of the info for the site ... and here to download the program under the download section .

Comment

I use Guitar Pro 3 , great soft, easy to use , several tunes on the net , midi playing.
      Pickups used :
      Les Paul: A2'59/'PGn ; SP90-1/SP90-1
      PRS Santana 1: Phat Cats
      PRS CU22 : SLb/'59n ; A2'59b/PGn ; Phat Cats
      PRS McCarty : A2P/A2P ; SL/SL
      PRS Singlecut : Ant/Ant ; SLb/59n
      PRS Modern Eagle : SLb/Antn
      PRS Hollow : Ant/Ant
      PRS Mc Soap : SP90-1/SP90-3 ;SP90-1/SP90-1/SP90-3
      PRS Mc Deluxe : Antiquity II minis
      Strat : APS1TwBg/APS1rwrp/APS1T; APS1TwBg/SSL1rwrp/SSL1;Antiquity II Set;Antiquity Texas Hot Set
      Teles : 59b/PGn ; Ant set ; JDb/SSL1rwrp/SSL1
      SG : SP90-1/SP90-1

Comment

i'n using it and it's an awesome program.....and on www.powertabs.net you can find a huge variety of transcriptions......i find it to be better than the GP3

Comment

I use it. Love it to death. Super-easy to transfer the tab files into Finale for arranging a horn section.

Comment

i use it too... i dload abunch of tabs from powertabs.net.

If they had this stuff when i was a kid i would probably bet the greatest guitarist ever
            '05 Gibson SG Standard
            '07 Gibson Sg Standard Emg 81/85
            PRS IRW McCarty
            '92 Fender MIA Telecaster
            82 Usa Epiphone Spirit w/ Dirtyfingers

Comment

I just got into this 2 days ago after a friend told me about it. Oh my god, why didn't I ever use this before. This is my new favorite thing and will be for a long time to come. It's such a good learning tool. Any song, any time.

Comment

Originally posted by captain cavman
                I use Guitar Pro 3 , great soft, easy to use , several tunes on the net , midi playing.
                I'll have to check into that as well, but is it free is my question ...
                That's what makes PT such a great deal. (Well, I mean it is a good program, but you know what I mean).

Comment

Originally posted by Ken
                  I use it. Love it to death. Super-easy to transfer the tab files into Finale for arranging a horn section.
                  I use Finale' also, but some of the midi stuff doesn't transfer quite as well, the problem there is operator error , as Finale has quite a few options for midi channel assignments ... tThe cool thing I do with pT is to misuse it as a sequencer and arrange string stuff and choir stuff as guitar parts (not literally, but it's a great mental workout) ... because you have to input everything in tab first ... I also find Finale' a bit of a pain with the way it appears on the screen (the way it kinda loops around ).

Comment

Working...
                  X