T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

Re: Best Mesa Amp?

Originally posted by screamingdaisy
      Mark IIC+
      what he said
      Originally posted by Aceman
      It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

I have a Single Rectoverb 50W head in custom blue tolex with a gold grille and it's a perfect amp for me. Close tie for 2nd is the Mark IIC's and IV's, and third is the Maverick

I can't wait til the Stilettos come out. I played a new Lone Star combo the other day and it just SLAYS any Fender out there.

Comment

I have noticed that this forum seems to have a lack of Mesa haters....

....atleast compaired to what I'm used to seeing on other forums....

..it's kinda nice...
          || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

I gave a vote for the Lone Star, because IMHO it IS better than the other amps Mesa puts out. The cleans are far superior to it, in fact, the cleans do put some Fenders to shame (Sorry B2D, but I disagree with you there... that's a bold statement saying it beats all Fenders).

If Mesa continues releasing stuff like the Lone Star, I may actually desire to buy one. The tones are more refined and sophisticated than the others (beating out the Road King).

I have never played the Mark IIC+, but if so many greats use them, there really has to be something to them. I know they are rare, which is a shame. The Stiletto should be sweet.
            Originally posted by kevlar3000
            I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
            Originally posted by Zerberus
            Better is often the enemy of good
            Originally posted by ginormous
            Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Having owned a MK I, MK III, my current and all time favorite is the MK II C+.

Comment

Its gotta be the Dual Recto, although i havent played all of the Mesa's this one kiked!
                Epiphone Les Paul Studio (59 neck and JB bridge)
                Marshall Valvestate 8080 (80 watts)
                Korg AX1500G multi-fx
                RAT
                Boss PH-1r
                Ibanez cf-7
                Ibanwz ts-7
                Danelectro tremolo
                Vintage RAT - needs a fix!

Not much else - it does the job

Dooogz is taking a break from SD - ill be back soon crew!

Comment

Trem-o-verb DR!
                  Gibson Les Paul Classic (C5/PG)
                  Heritage H-157 (500T/JP)
                  Fender American Deluxe Strat (JB/STK-S4/STK-S4)
                  Franken-Tokai (Custom8/Cool Rails/Hot Rails)
                  G&L ASAT Special
                  Mesa Trem-o-verb DR
                  Traynor YCV50 Blue

Comment

Uh where be that nice little Sudio 22+ combo???
                    I had one and it was a great little amp.

Comment

WHAAAAAT, No V-Twin??

THey were also available in a rack version , with a "matching" 2:20 power amp, and that combo doesn´t sound much like most of the others, comes closest to a Mark 4 with a touch of Caliber....

GRRRRR...
                      Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Originally posted by Zerberus
                        WHAAAAAT, No V-Twin??

THey were also available in a rack version , with a "matching" 2:20 power amp, and that combo doesn´t sound much like most of the others, comes closest to a Mark 4 with a touch of Caliber....

GRRRRR...
                        The V-Twin has great cleans...

Comment

I voted Mark, though I own a Dual Caliber. I love my DC. The rectifiers are kinda one trick ponies, so I'm not as big of a fan and the Single Rectifers I've played through lacked something, though I'm not sure what it is. The Mark IV is super hip and I'd love to get one someday. The Nomad is probably my second choice for current production models.

The bottom line with Mesa for me is the Graphic EQ. That is an awesome circuit and REALLY lets you tailor your tone. Maybe thats why I'm not as into the Rectifiers.

Mike

Comment

My two favorite Mesas are a Mk III Simul-class head or an old Dual Rectifier or Tremoverb. I voted for the Mk Series as I'm rather sick of the recto sound.
                            Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                            And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Originally posted by mrid
                              I voted Mark IV...now that's just a great amp. BTW GJ, I thought all Mesa's had the flying leads connecting the pots? Am I wrong?
                              I haven't seen the insides of a Rectifier in a long time, and I'm not sure what is actually handwired on the new ones, but the first few years of Rectifiers
                              were built with more handwired components, meaning that the later ones
                              were easier to assemble for mass production. From what I've been told by
                              diehard Rectifier players, those early ones sounded fatter and less grainy.

I've always considered Mesa's decision to use a fixed bias and average quality
                              Sovtek tubes to be their biggest mistake. To my ears, most sound grainy and cold, but fat. I've heard a few Rectifiers that blew me away, tho.
                              Those one's were owned by guys who had a mini bias pot installed, and
                              High end tubes. You'd be amazed at the difference! If I owned a Dual Rec,
                              I wouldn't hesitate to get that mod done. If you own one, DON'T buy Mesa
                              tubes. I'd put Svetlana 6L6's and GT 12AX7C's or M's Chinese or Mullard.
                              Sovtek 12AX7A's don't sound nearly as good.
                              Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                              I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

I haven't liked any Mesa amp I've tried.
                                Only one that got my attention was the Trem-o-verb.

They sound too compressed for my ears.

I guess I just like EL-34s
                                Jazzmaster Owner

My eBay Auctions

Comment

Working...
                                X