More Gibson GAS (ES-137)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Gibson GAS (ES-137)

These ES-137 Classics are currently $1399, but I'm trying to get musc123 to come sdown. I will have to throw some Seths in it though and then sell off my ES-333.

Re: More Gibson GAS (ES-137)

I love that finish! That is a really nice axe....I have a guitar that is similar to that I built with an old teacher.
    -Tom

Epiphone G400 w/Duncan Custom
    Vox VT15
    Washburn D10SCE
    Getsch Electromatic Junior Jet Bass

Comment

nice nice color. axe loooks pretty sweeet. never tried one though, how does it sound?
      esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
      fender mim standard strat
      peavey classic 30
      johnson j-station
      original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
      dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
      yamaha f-310p acoustic
      taylor 410 acoustic
      "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

Originally posted by xerxes
        nice nice color. axe loooks pretty sweeet. never tried one though, how does it sound?
        Like a Les Paul and a 335 had a baby together. Needs Seths though, 498T/490R gotta go.

Comment

A buddy of mine has that exact same guitar. The 498T/490R combo actually sounds good in that guitar.

Comment

Heritage cherry.

Comment

WOW that heritage cherry looks awesome! I nearly own an es137 custom, ill have it in a couple of weeks, and a tri burst one just like on the website. And it, as well as the classic there, sound/feel/look absolutely amazing! My custom comes stock with '57 classic pickups which actually sound really good, more of a seth vibe than the stock pickups in the classic i think (going on my very limited gibson pickup knowledge).
              My Soundclick page.

Comment

There's my baby...its been nearly three months on the layby and i can't wait

I layby'd it the day after my nearly three year long relationship ended
                My Soundclick page.

Comment

That heritage cherry really is beautiful though, i gotta say though with the classic the one thing i dont like about it is the "C" inlay at the 12th fret. Thats just me though

And also, my guitar has nickel/silver hardware not gold, and i rekon it looks heaps better with the silver hardware so im wrapped!
                  My Soundclick page.

Comment

Now I can't decide !! Blueburst or heritage cherry? I'm kinda leaning towards the blue. I think the better quality of the second picture makes for a less than fair comparison.

Comment

I dont think you can go past that heritage cherry, just wait till you see the candy apple red if you havent already, its lovely too and will make for more of a hard decision
                      My Soundclick page.

Comment

that blue burst is just killer. Thats the direction I would go. Heritage cherry is nice but everyone and there dog has a heritage cherry finished axe.

J
                        Low wattage rocks!
                        Bumbox Lead 1
                        Orange Tiny Terror
                        Vox 120VTH
                        ----------------------
                        Gibson LP Standard - SG Supreme
                        Agile LP-2500 - Jackson JSX-94

Comment

i actually dont like the cherry at all....

the blue looks really nice on that guitar. really classy. could play a blues or jazz gig with that and sit in with an orchestra without being to wild...
                          esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
                          fender mim standard strat
                          peavey classic 30
                          johnson j-station
                          original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
                          dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
                          yamaha f-310p acoustic
                          taylor 410 acoustic
                          "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
                          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

Working...
                          X