Visual Sound pedals...how are they?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visual Sound pedals...how are they?

...specifically, the Route 66. A ts-808 and a dynacomp in one affordable unit sounds like my cup of tea!

bump. I know some of you guys have owned/tried them!

Comment

i have tried it. i actually dont know why i didnt buy it. it was amazing. the ts-808 part is nice, doesnt completely sound like a ts-808, but it gives a personal close call to it, and the sound is really nice.
      esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
      fender mim standard strat
      peavey classic 30
      johnson j-station
      original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
      dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
      yamaha f-310p acoustic
      taylor 410 acoustic
      "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

i had a Liquid H20 chorus/delay version. Noisy unless you used their one-spot power adapter... and even then it was a bit noisy.

I hate noise, so it's gone now.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

I got the three of them and they are great. I also got the one spot adapter.
          They are good only with tube amp.
          They loose a lot of their sound quality and the tone isn't right with a solid state amp.
          Rte 66= Excellent and a must for Blues players.
          Jekyll & Hide= Not necessary. For distortion, the Tonebone British is the one.
          H2O= Good stuff.

Comment

BUMP!

Comment

Overall, I think both the H2O and Rte 66 are really good values. Each is 2 pedals in one and built like a tank.

I've never had a noise problem with the H2O. Both the echo and chorus have a nice analog-type feel to them. There is a design bug in the echo: if you plug the pedal in with the switch on short echo then switch to long echo, it pops big time once. I don't ever use the long echo anyway, so it's not a problem. If it's on long echo when you plug it in, no problem either.

The overdrive side of the Rte66 is great in front of a tube amp, but I agree that it falls short somehow in front of a solid state amp. Doesn't sound quite right even in front of my Tech21 TradeMark 10.

The compression side can be a bit noisey and seems to be very finicky about the power supply. As I posted on the old forum, I recently sent my Rte 66 back along with my One Spot. Bob Weil at Visual Sounds was great about it even though the warranty was long dead. He turned it around in about a week excluding travel time, saying it was the One Spot and not the Rte 66. No charge. Anyway, both sides work great now

BTW the "bass boost" on the Rte 66 is a really nice feature IMHO.

Chip
              Heritage 535 Special, Warmoth frankenstrat, MIM Strat, & Taylor 314C(no E)
              Amp Builds: Tweed Princeton (5F2-A) variation, 2 BF Princeton Reverb clones, & Super Reverb clone
              Sometimes use a Blues Jr., Tech 21 Trademark 10 & Power Engine 60
              SPG modded DS-1, TS-7 & CryBaby; Visual Sounds Rte. 66 & H2O; Guyatone Tremolo
              SD pickups: SSL-2, APS-2, tapped Quarter Pound, Custom 5 & Antiquity humbuckers

"Conan! What are the best things in life?"
              "Girls, guitars, guns and cars!"

Comment

I've got a H2O, and although it is a bit noisy with an adapter, live i use batteries, so its not a big deal for me. Its a really well made pedal, and the chorus is beautiful. Really watery and pretty. The echo is wholly analogue in character, and it complements anything. Great pedals, i recommend. Lots.
                "I believe the truth is not told between 9 and 5." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Working...
                X