This is a nice PRS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is a nice PRS!

I don't really know much about PRS guitars, just that they cost a ton of cash. Anyway, I was checking out ebay and found the following...check it out...

Anyone play one of these? Looks nice to me, but the price isn't up there like all the other PRS guitars. Is the quality any different than the others? Any feedback would be great. Thanks guys!

P.S. That thing would rock with a hot rails in it
    -Tom

Epiphone G400 w/Duncan Custom
    Vox VT15
    Washburn D10SCE
    Getsch Electromatic Junior Jet Bass

Re: This is a nice PRS!

Well the SE's are generally cheaper guitars (prtty sure im right) but it still looks kool!
    Epiphone Les Paul Studio (59 neck and JB bridge)
    Marshall Valvestate 8080 (80 watts)
    Korg AX1500G multi-fx
    RAT
    Boss PH-1r
    Ibanez cf-7
    Ibanwz ts-7
    Danelectro tremolo
    Vintage RAT - needs a fix!

Not much else - it does the job

Dooogz is taking a break from SD - ill be back soon crew!

Comment

Originally posted by Dooogz
      Well the SE's are generally cheaper guitars (prtty sure im right) but it still looks kool!
      Are the SE's the second line for PRS...like Gibson is to Epiphone?
      -Tom

Epiphone G400 w/Duncan Custom
      Vox VT15
      Washburn D10SCE
      Getsch Electromatic Junior Jet Bass

Comment

Originally posted by StratTom
        Are the SE's the second line for PRS...like Gibson is to Epiphone?
        Im not too sure, but they are not a sub company so i guess its not exactly that, maybe its jst a cheaper model of gutiar!
        Epiphone Les Paul Studio (59 neck and JB bridge)
        Marshall Valvestate 8080 (80 watts)
        Korg AX1500G multi-fx
        RAT
        Boss PH-1r
        Ibanez cf-7
        Ibanwz ts-7
        Danelectro tremolo
        Vintage RAT - needs a fix!

Not much else - it does the job

Dooogz is taking a break from SD - ill be back soon crew!

Comment

A few years back, they had a normal production run of their strat-like copies, the EG series. I personally have played one before (s-s-h config) and it sounds pretty good, pretty versatile. The SE series stuff is PRS' "affordable" line. It's for the kids that want the name PRS, but don't have the money to spend on (now this is an exagerration) the 10g original Santana model.

The original EG series is good, the neck was a bit smaller for my taste, but it's good nonetheless. I was able to play everything from funk to metal with it. It would still need good pups to make it good enough for my distinctive tastes though.
          Originally posted by kevlar3000
          I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
          Originally posted by Zerberus
          Better is often the enemy of good
          Originally posted by ginormous
          Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

those korean prs se's seem to sell pretty good, but I kinda wish PRS just stayed a high end company
            just my opinion

Acutally, the flat top model that I build is very similar to the old PRS EG - i'll put hot rails in it if you like

my wiring conifuration is different though and I get many more varied tones out of it
            i also like to add a piezo bridge for a totally versatile guitar
            Custom Guitar Builder - PM me if you're interested.
            Check out the new website and see the progress of felow forumites' guitars
            www.gaugeguitars.com
            Cheers!

Comment

The SE is PRS liscenced but in fact is made in Korea. The pickups are also not PRS ( PRS doesn't make single coil pickups). That's the bad news; the good news is that the SE guitars are getting bang for the buck kudos from everyone who buys them. My friend bought one new for under $500. He told me for the money, it's one of the better deals out there.

Comment

se's are just the cheaper line of prs, still a prs... i've played a couple of guitars from the prs se line(not the eg, although it looks good) and i'd have to say they're a good buy for the price

Comment

In 1988, I worked at Guitar Center, Lawndale, Ca., right when PRS shipped their first PRS's to GC. Mr. Smith even came to the store and talked with the sales staff. I remember him telling us that he'd had offers since day one
                  to make an imported budget line, and he firmly said "NEVER."
                  He's always had a lot of integrity and pride about his guitars.

Now, his company has grown to his wildest dreams, and the reality of the
                  guitar business has set in. Fortunately, Mr. Smith's integrity followed right
                  into the Korean models, because they really are a lot of bang for the buck.
                  I've had about 7 high end PRS's, including an early 10 top that I'll always kick myself for selling. Everytime I pick up the Korean PRS's, I'm amazed that they only cost $380-$600, especially those new SE's with the binding on the neck
                  and headstock. I'm actually considering the all mahogany, dual P-90 Junior
                  inspired SE. The thing sounds and plays as good as a Gibson LP Jr, and cost
                  about $400.
                  Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                  I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

I dunno that axe kinda has a strat vibe if you ask me.......
                    Proud Master of Strats.....

Comment

Yup Korean PRS. Nice stuff for the price, and better than Epi quality.

IMO PRS are good value for the money, especially if you skip all the upcharge stuff lik 10 top and gold hardware.

Plane Jane guitars are reasonable, and 200 credit on most if you go with an opaque color.

Hey Dooogz. Good to see ya. Got rid of those Gibby pups I gave ya I see! 59 and JB a great choice.
                      Playing:
                      Thorn, PRS and Kauer Guitars
                      Marshall, Greer amps, Metroamp Home Builds
                      Duncan Favorites: SM3, 59's, Sat Night Specials....
                      Scumback Speakers, V Picks and various other sundries

Comment

Working...
                      X