banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does your current effects chain consist of? (pics are welcome)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What does your current effects chain consist of? (pics are welcome)

Rite...Rite now im just using
    Guitar>Wah>GE7>Amp

Seems to be working fine.......
    Marshall JVM 410C
    Mesa Boogie DC-3
    ~2010 USA G&L Legacy Special/S-500 bastard-child, Tobaccoburst.
    1996 USA G&L Legacy, Honeyburst, SSS , Dimarzio Injector/Kinman AVn69/AVn69
    2007 USA Gibson LP Studio, Stock PUPs
    2005 USA EBMM Silhouette Special,Hardtail , Tobaccoburst,SSS Stock PUPs
    1999 USA Peavey Wolfgang,Flame Cherryburst Trem
    2005 MIM Fender Tele, Hotrails/Stock Neck
    1997 Yamaha Pacifica 812 EMGs

Comment

Originally posted by Zerberus
      J/K, but Hawkman, have you considered therapy for this problem yet?
      My singer just made the same comment last week Zerb. Regular people (non-guitar geeks like me) freak out when they see how anal I am about my tone. Last Wednesday, I had my singer listening to two identical preamps loaded with different 12ax7's and I asked him which sounded better, a GT Mullard, or a Chinese 12ax7. He coul'nt decide which sounded best (or even different). After 10 minutes, he just gave up and said "If you can hear a difference, then you decide." I really need all the pedals on my board. I use all of them for different covers and originals.
      For example:
      "Gasoline" by Audioslave... must have the supa trem and octaver.
      "Like a Stone" by Audioslave... must have supa trem, echo and octaver.
      Any Hendrix... must have Deja Vibe, Octave, fuzz, echo, etc.
      Rush tunes... chorus, echo, flanger.
      Well, you get the idea... all these toys come in handy for the variety of covers my band does. I could get by covering some of these tunes without all the bells and whisles, but, I'd rather have the sound I need at the tap of a toe to recreate the tunes accurately.
      The Valvulator keeps my tone from being degraded by such a complicated signal chain. When I record it's a different approach. I plug straight into the amp and add effects through the mixer bus.
      (2) Randall RM4 preamps, VHT 2502 Power amp, 2 2x12 Bogner cabs w/V30's and Lead 80's, '74 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop, '89 Gibson Les Paul Cherryburst, '93 Stratocaster, and a bunch of other stuff.

Comment

guitar~>wah~>amp
        "I don't care if you boo .. just boo in key!" JH

Pups ~> duncan ~ WCR ~ VOODOO by Peter Florance!

Guitars ~> Gibson ~ G&L ~ Guild ~ Fender ~ ESP ~ Heritage

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite Dreams

HA
          good one, ID!

despite my sig, over the last few months on the forum, I've gotten back into using pedals - more as recreation than necessity, because I think they can be a distraction sometimes, and get you away from using good touch dynamics.

lately I've been using my John-"pedal-tweaker's"-modded Boss DS-1 and SD-1, depending on the guitar (tele with the DS-1, strat with the SD-1), a Maxon Overdrive Pro 820 that I reviewed here, and I just got a Voodoo Labs Micro Drive to play with. I'm on Reverend's mailing list, and they were selling a "demo" Micro Drive cheap, so I got it, after remembering that Scott_F said he was impressed with it. I have the Dunlop version, but the Micro Vibe is fat and vocal, and has a nice vibe (pun intended) for clean rhythms - and they're *cheap!*, and compact for a crowded pedal board. I'll probably get some clips up this weekend.
          I think you could substitute the Micro Drive for a chorus, for a scaled down rig.

I once had the "mother of all choruses", the landmine-sized Boss CE-1, but sold it. Shortly after I sold it, I heard my friend Pete at a gig and asked him, "what were you using for that Leslie sound?" He said, "that was the Boss landmine!"

since then, I've looked for something for fat, Leslie-toned rhythm comping, and the Micro Vibe might do the trick!
          "music heals"
          facebook

Comment

My current pedalboard:
            Budda "Bud Wah" (with Fulltone pot)
            Fulltone Deja Vibe (custom shop model)
            Custom made "Loooper" bypass box for overdrive pedals
            Boss SD-1 (MIJ)
            Boss OD-1 (early version w/ metal screw)
            Boss tuner (hooked into tuner mute on Loooper)
            Dano Cool Cat

I want to evenually swap out the Cool Cat for a chorus that has true bypass switching.

Comment

Guitar -> Blackstone MOSFET -> Fish & Chips -> Chicken Salad -> Rte 66 -> Cool Cat -> Dan-Echo - Amp. Simple, cheap and effective. I use the both the EQ and the compressor side of the Rte 66 as clean boosts, not usually at the same time though. Working on getting a wah.

Comment

Right now, it's> Guitar>TS-808>Amp
                Only The Strong Survive

Comment

Front of the amp : Banzai new rising sun II (boost)->Frostwave funck a duck and tokai delay A/Bed through a loooper true bypass.
                  Loop of the amp : Ross phaser + Jacques chorus
                  Quite simple and versatile. works great with a lot of cool sounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Rid
                    Haha you wanna stay near a 200 watt+ Vintage Hiwatt taking off with a big fat overdrive.....be my guest
                    I actually had that experience once... a guy was playing some cool shred licks on one in a store with the volume barely on and I said, "come on, man, turn it up a little bit!"

He moved the volume control from like 1 to about 1.5. Hooooly sheeet if I had known then what I know now...
                    Last edited by B2D; 04-25-2004, 12:19 AM.

Comment

Hey B2D...!!

I'm getting Serious GAS from you always talkin about your G-Force...

Jesus! i want one of them so Bad now!!
                      Marshall JVM 410C
                      Mesa Boogie DC-3
                      ~2010 USA G&L Legacy Special/S-500 bastard-child, Tobaccoburst.
                      1996 USA G&L Legacy, Honeyburst, SSS , Dimarzio Injector/Kinman AVn69/AVn69
                      2007 USA Gibson LP Studio, Stock PUPs
                      2005 USA EBMM Silhouette Special,Hardtail , Tobaccoburst,SSS Stock PUPs
                      1999 USA Peavey Wolfgang,Flame Cherryburst Trem
                      2005 MIM Fender Tele, Hotrails/Stock Neck
                      1997 Yamaha Pacifica 812 EMGs

Comment

Originally posted by y2stevo
                        Hey B2D...!!

I'm getting Serious GAS from you always talkin about your G-Force...

Jesus! i want one of them so Bad now!!
                        It's actually a G-Major, which sells for $499... it was derived from the G-Force, which sells for $1399

Still, don;t think of it as a "downgraded" or "affordable" (i.e. cheap and OK sounding) FX processor because it's very much a pro peice of gear. It's basically a G-Force with all the nonessential stuff removed, although it's still pretty loaded!

I was using a whole bunch of stompboxes when a guy at work saw my rig and told me I should get one of those and control it with a MIDI pedal... I was unsure of the "whole bag in one" thing but after trying it out I was WAAAY impressed. basically I set it up with my own dialed-in sound presets and execute the program changes with the MIDI controller. And the cool thing is since it sits under the amp in the FX loop (I have it 100% in the mix) it only needs like 3 ft of cable plus the a/d and d/a converters really preserve the tone to its fullest, and it doesn't color the tone at all compared to all the stompboxes I WAS using. Very transparent!

I'd never go back to stompboxes for special FX at this point.

Comment

My most-used effects chain:

Fulltone Full-Drive 2
                          Fulltone Fat Boost

That is all!
                          Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                          My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

My signal chain currently consists of:

Guitar>EB Volume (Korg DT-2 on tuner out)>Dunlop 535Q>Maxon OD9>Voodoo Labs Analog Chorus>Demeter Tremulator>Marshall 2555

That's pretty much all I need. I'd like to get a vintage Phase 100 (sold my script Phase 90) and some cool fuzz pedal (Z.vex Fuzz Factory or Wolftone Helium).
                            Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                            And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Guitar > Digitech RP200 or DOD Death Metal Distortion (never both, sounds like poo) > AMP
                              Equipment: I have a Washburn WG228. a Peavey Studio Pro 112, a Digitech RP200, and a DOD Death Metal Distortion Pedal... My amp is new, I love it. I've been playing for about 3 years, I'm ok, but I'm not great. I'm good at rhythm guitar, but I couldn't solo if my life depended on it...

Comment

Ernie Ball Volume Pedal
                                Dunlop Origional Crybaby
                                BOSS SD-1 Super OD
                                BOSS CH-3 Super Chorus
                                BOSS GE-7 Graphic EQ
                                BOSS TU-2 Chromatic Tuner
                                MESA/Boogie Single Recto Footswitch
                                Last edited by Guitarist; 04-26-2004, 11:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X