switching problems!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• switching problems!

I'm not a "quick draw" when it comes to switching gears in the middle of a song. Whenever jamming live & I'm going to overdrive from clean or vice-versa, I usually flip to another pickup, change channels on my footswitch & add or subtract some effects, adjust volume etc.... I find it very difficult to do this in a split second like when you're going from a soft clean piece in a song into a rip roaring lead. I'm always a little too early or a little too late with all the switching, adjusting & stomping that's going on.

Anyone got any tips on how to make these transitions seamless? Thanks!
    Life's a journey, pack a lunch!.

Re: switching problems!

I found this problem in some songs in my band. I hate switching anyway! I tend to remember i have to switch a few seconds before or when its too late! Ive always tried to keep my rig as simple as possible to make these transitions easier. If u need to change pickups and pedals in one change i suppose you have got to do it and theres no simple way round it. you can at least start by switching the crucial things first to get you heard like volume and channel. Follow these with the pickup selection and effects to flavour your sound. If your amp's channel switching pedal allows you to turn your effects loop on and off and you have a lot of effects to turn on in a line at once, you can have the pedals turned on ready and you then just turn on the effects loop to bring them all in with one switch.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wolf
      I found this problem in some songs in my band. I hate switching anyway! I tend to remember i have to switch a few seconds before or when its too late! Ive always tried to keep my rig as simple as possible to make these transitions easier. If u need to change pickups and pedals in one change i suppose you have got to do it and theres no simple way round it. you can at least start by switching the crucial things first to get you heard like volume and channel. Follow these with the pickup selection and effects to flavour your sound. If your amp's channel switching pedal allows you to turn your effects loop on and off and you have a lot of effects to turn on in a line at once, you can have the pedals turned on ready and you then just turn on the effects loop to bring them all in with one switch.
      Good advice. Thanks! I remember watching the Zep DVD & Page did a pickup & volume change in a micro second. His right hand was just a blur. Cool stuff!
      Life's a journey, pack a lunch!.

Comment

Originally posted by Budweiser
        Good advice. Thanks! I remember watching the Zep DVD & Page did a pickup & volume change in a micro second. His right hand was just a blur. Cool stuff!
        I wish i could do that! One day, one day i will

Comment

Working...
        X