Mic Suggestions Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mic Suggestions Please

Im looking for a good mic for guitar around $100. Im not too knowledgable with this so any help would be appriciated. Thanks.

Re: Mic Suggestions Please

SHURE SM-57 .............. Can't beat it !!!!!!
    Only The Strong Survive

Comment

One more vote for the SM-57.
      http://www.soundclick.com/whirlwindbluesrevue

Comment

Yep.....sm-57. That's what at least 90% will say as well.

Comment

For that kinda money, you could buy 10 cheap computer mics from radio shack and place them all over the room for all sorts of ambient effects (and crazy phasing issues). No, I'm full of crap, actually. The SM57 is the way to go, though I hate to leave it unanimous - someone else suggest something cool!

Comment

What about a mic under 20 dollars? XD

Comment

Originally posted by Multi
              What about a mic under 20 dollars? XD
              heres what you do.. you get that money... and borrow 70 more bucks... then buy a sm-57!!!!

Comment

SM57 gets my voten too!! I have used others, I always go back to SM57, its reliable, it works well and sounds great.... Why consider anything else.
                "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
                "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Calx
                  For that kinda money, you could buy 10 cheap computer mics from radio shack and place them all over the room for all sorts of ambient effects (and crazy phasing issues).
                  ghetto fabulous. SM-57...

Comment

Lately I've kept the SM-57 on the sideline in favor of the Audix D3. is designed to handle high SPL (Sound Pressure Level) making this microphone ideal for recording instruments high in transient response. D3 has a dynamic hypercardioid element for a very low noise floor and frequency response of 50Hz to 19kHz. The Audix has a greater frequency response vs. the SM57 which is 40Hx to 15kHz.

BTW - here is a pretty cool site that shows different mic placement with sound files. http://www.csun.edu/~record/e_gtr/
                    (2) Randall RM4 preamps, VHT 2502 Power amp, 2 2x12 Bogner cabs w/V30's and Lead 80's, '74 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop, '89 Gibson Les Paul Cherryburst, '93 Stratocaster, and a bunch of other stuff.

Comment

How much does the Audix cost?

Comment

Originally posted by Tom M
                        How much does the Audix cost?
                        Got mine used for $80. I think they sell for about $115 new?
                        (2) Randall RM4 preamps, VHT 2502 Power amp, 2 2x12 Bogner cabs w/V30's and Lead 80's, '74 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop, '89 Gibson Les Paul Cherryburst, '93 Stratocaster, and a bunch of other stuff.

Comment

You could get a beta57a for 100 bucks on ebay, I did. I got the mic from a distributer straight from shure.

Comment

Working...
                          X