banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's finished...! My SG Jr "Custom" pics.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: It's finished...! My SG Jr "Custom" pics.

How much did that pick guard run you if ya don't mind me askin? I'd personally like to convert on of my Jr's into a double P-90 configuration....eventhough I realize yours is a double hum now.

Comment

im lovein' the pickup mounts on the pickguard.. such a little touch yet it looks so cool

excelent job man!

Comment

I love SGs but I try not to 'cuz they're so trendy...hahaha

I'll probably end up buying an Epiphone SG400 eventually, just 'cuz there's somethin about 'em that's so cool...little evil Gibsons...
        green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Noice! Angus Young's gonna be kicking down your door soon! Well done.

GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!GAS!

Peace easy, all.

G.I.
          Squier Strat (JB Jr.)
          Peavey Valve King 1x12
          Ibanez PF15CE Acoustic/Electric

Comment

The 3 way switch was already routered into the horns body when I got this guitar. I was going to move it down by the controls, but I thought leaving it up in the horn gave it a little diffrent look. It's not in my way while I'm playing, yet it's still easy to get to.
            The chrome piece behind the bridge is a wammy bar mount. The 69 JR originally came with a removeable wammy bar, (which I still have). I took it off seeing I never use it much, and install a Leo Quan Badass Bridge to thread my strings through. Get alot of good sustain on this bridge, plus I can get my string alignments and harmonic's perfect, it was really worth it.
            The pickguard was custom made by WD Music Products an ran me $130.00. They did an excellent job making it match the original. They also custom cut the pickup holes to the exact size for my Seymour Ducans. Didn't have to cut or screw with anything, just dropped them in and wired them up. The pickup adjustment screw holes aligned perfect.

Comment

Looks great, nice colour too! Its not fair when i see a guitar that great it makes me want one and i know i cant afford it
              My Soundclick page.

Comment

Looks quite good.

Comment

hey, what's the deal with that bridge? It looks like you've got some sort of wraparound bridge like tonepros for PRS, and then a peice of metal behind it (kinda like a bent peice of aluminum that doesn't appear to do anything). I am totally SG naive. Please let me in on this secret.
                  Fender Twin w/ Weber Speakers, keeley ts-9, RMC2 wah, EB MusicMan Axis Sport w/ p-90's, Heritage Les Paul (HC150) Custom Order w/ AIIpro/Custom shop bridge, various accoustics

Comment

The metal plate is a vibrato bar mount. The 69 Jr originally came with a removeable vibrato bar, it just slides on this mount and your strings got threaded through the bar. I took it off, never used it much. I still have it if I ever wanted to put it back on. I took off the old bridge and installed a badass bridge in it's place, just threaded my strings through the bridge instead of the bar. I left the mount on because this is the original finish, and if I was to removed it, I would have had 3 screws holes showing on the body. I wanted to leave something original on this Jr, so I left on the mount. You never know, I may want to put it back on sometime down the road.

Comment

Ah, man! That is just flat-out beautiful. VERY nice job!! You've gotta be proud.
                      Thanks for the pics, bro!

Comment

Beautiful, I love a deep cherry SG.

Comment

Working...
                        X