peavey classic 30 used pricing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• peavey classic 30 used pricing.

I have been looking around and finding the classic 30s selling for average of 300.00-350.00. I don't understand this. The classic 50s sell for 400.00 on ebay. Ive seen a few even less and they sell for 700.00 mail order. The ratio seems off the classic 30 sells new for 450.00.
    It doesn't make sense to me to save 100.00 and not have a warrantee. The best deal I have found is a guy on Harmony central selling a classic 30 for 300.00 with a cover and new tubes and the old tubes. That includes shipping.

DO you think that it's a good deal or should I hang out a while?
    His Grace is Amazing

Re: peavey classic 30 used pricing.

Hey Lou, if it was me I'd save and get a newer one. I've purchased 2 used amps and vowed I'd never do it again. Half the time you're taking over someone else's problems. Personally I'd never buy an amp or guitar that I have'nt tried myself first.

Comment

I got mine off Ebay...I did'nt meet reserve when it ended and asked the seller if he'd sell it to me for 350. He offered to relist and have me snag it with BIN, but it seemed like a hassle and he seemed very trustworthy. It was the tweed I wanted and less than a year old with manual, footswitch and shipped in the Peavey box and double boxed. It looked and smelled new. I swapped the speaker and dig this 30 watter. That seems like a good price shipped...is it the black tolex?
      The 30

Gibson KS 336, LP Standard, Special and Customs
      Bogner, Orange, Tech 21 and Fender amps
      Celestion speakers
      Duncan, Bare Knuckle, WCR and Gibson pups
      Too many pedals....

Comment

Originally posted by butnut
        That seems like a good price shipped...is it the black tolex?
        The 30
        It's Tan
        His Grace is Amazing

Comment

I've had really good luck with all the amps I've bought. The nice thing about tube amps is that for the most part repairs are fairly simple. Parts can get pricy, but as long as output transformers and circut boards are intact, there isn't too much that can't be tweaked or fixed.

I like buying used gear because someone else has paid the depreciation....just like on cars. Being in the car business, I won't buy a new car UNLESS I can get 0% interest....then it's silly not to use someone else's $$ to finance the car.
          My Sound Clips

Comment

I've seen them as low as $225. on the used local market. the 50w 2x12 as low as $175

as far as buying used amps goes .. I've picked up several tube heads, pre's, & power amps over the years and havent had any problems ... but I always take the time to test drive them as much as possible before I fork over my greenbacks.

good luck
            "I don't care if you boo .. just boo in key!" JH

Pups ~> duncan ~ WCR ~ VOODOO by Peter Florance!

Guitars ~> Gibson ~ G&L ~ Guild ~ Fender ~ ESP ~ Heritage

Comment

I know this is unusual, but I got my C30 WITH a Celestion loaded extension cab off of Ebay for $200. Can't be that with a stick. Since I was buying just to mod the crap out of it and see what I could do/learn, it was the perfect deal for me. It was actually a suprise for me to find I actually liked the amp. I've never actually used the extension cab, but someday I'll probably need it for something....

Mike
              Last edited by MDS; 04-24-2004, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by orbiter
                ... but I always take the time to test drive them as much as possible before I fork over my greenbacks.
                Woah, you pay for your amps in Celestions? I should do business with you!

Comment

Originally posted by msawitzke
                  I know this is unusual, but I got my C30 WITH a Celestion loaded extension cab off of Ebay for $200. Can't be that with a stick. Since I was buying just to mod the crap out of it and see what I could do/learn, it was the perfect deal for me. It was actually a suprise for me to find I actually liked the amp. I've never actually used the extension cab, but someday I'll probably need it for something....

Mike

Mike
                  Ok I'll Give you 200.00 for the classic 30
                  His Grace is Amazing

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X