Sansamp "Secret" setting!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sansamp "Secret" setting!

I recently bought a brand new Sansamp GT-2 and I'm not sure if the switches are faulty or there's a undocumented fourth MOD option.

It seems to go: Hot-Wired (Top) > Hi-Gain (Middle) > unknown > Clean (Bottom)

The switch actually has a 'click' postion on the Unknown setting in between the middle and bottom. The setting doesn't sound like any of the other three MODs , it is significantly louder and more mid sounding.

Any ideas? It's quite confusing sometimes as I set it to what I think is Clean and find it's the Unknown setting!

The MIC switch also has a 'click' between the middle and bottom options, but it just seems to be the same as 'Classic'.

Does anyone else GT-2 do this?
    Last edited by No_Where_Fast; 03-17-2004, 04:00 AM.
    My set-up:
    Warmoth Jazzmaster with SD '59(n) SD Duncan Custom(b) / Ric 330 / Fender Comp Mustang (CIJ) with SD lil' 59(b) & flush switches! / G&L Tribute S500 >> John Spina (Stratdeluxer) Modded Vox 847 Wah (SWEET!) >> Carl Martin Hot Drive n' Boost 2 >> EHX 'Shaved Muff' (Rehoused Big Muff) >> Orange Rockerverb 50 combo!

Oh, and a Martin 000-15S!

Gatherin' dust:
    Keeley TS9-DX Flexi, Tech 21 Sansamp GT2, Catalinbread SCOD, Boss Line Selector, RGW Bad Bob Boost

maybe some sort of crunch channel?
    Teenagers can't sing the Blues. They ain't fixin' to die yet. Adults sing the Blues. In Blues, "adulthood" means being old enough to get the electric chair if you shoot a man in Memphis.

Comment

HOLY CRAP !! I've had this GT-2 for over 10 years ,And I never figured this out.IT DOES WORK To me it sounds like
      a Blackface Fender being driven with a tubescreamer?? Your a
      Genuis No_Where_ Fast!!

ATTN. All GT-2 owners Try it
      http://www.soundclick.com/whirlwindbluesrevue

Comment

post some clips
        Down at the edge, close by a river.
        Close to the edge, round by the corner.
        Close to the end, down by the corner.
        Down at the edge, round by the river.

Comment

Originally posted by kmcguitars
          Your a Genuis No_Where_ Fast!!
          Aww shucks! Don't suppose you could go tell my old school teachers could ya?! They didn't seem to agree!

Originally posted by kmcguitars
          To me it sounds like a Blackface Fender being driven with a tubescreamer??
          That's what it sounds like! A Tube Screamer! I couldn't place it! Maybe even a Keeley TS, that same clarity!

I'll try and record some clips, but my sound card's not too great, but I'll see what I can do!
          Last edited by No_Where_Fast; 03-17-2004, 08:01 AM.
          My set-up:
          Warmoth Jazzmaster with SD '59(n) SD Duncan Custom(b) / Ric 330 / Fender Comp Mustang (CIJ) with SD lil' 59(b) & flush switches! / G&L Tribute S500 >> John Spina (Stratdeluxer) Modded Vox 847 Wah (SWEET!) >> Carl Martin Hot Drive n' Boost 2 >> EHX 'Shaved Muff' (Rehoused Big Muff) >> Orange Rockerverb 50 combo!

Oh, and a Martin 000-15S!

Gatherin' dust:
          Keeley TS9-DX Flexi, Tech 21 Sansamp GT2, Catalinbread SCOD, Boss Line Selector, RGW Bad Bob Boost

Comment

Working...
          X