No announcement yet.

GE-7 Users, share your settings..??!??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GE-7 Users, share your settings..??!??

For now anyway i only have one eq setting and thats on the amp (Bass-12 o'clock with Deep switch in....Mid-3 o'clock.....Treble-between 1&2 o'clock....Pesence-3 o 'clock) so im wondering what you guys use your GE-7 at and what for??

Mabye it will gimmie ideas for it..

Cheers
    Marshall JVM 410C
    Mesa Boogie DC-3
    ~2010 USA G&L Legacy Special/S-500 bastard-child, Tobaccoburst.
    1996 USA G&L Legacy, Honeyburst, SSS , Dimarzio Injector/Kinman AVn69/AVn69
    2007 USA Gibson LP Studio, Stock PUPs
    2005 USA EBMM Silhouette Special,Hardtail , Tobaccoburst,SSS Stock PUPs
    1999 USA Peavey Wolfgang,Flame Cherryburst Trem
    2005 MIM Fender Tele, Hotrails/Stock Neck
    1997 Yamaha Pacifica 812 EMGs

Re: GE-7 Users, share your settings..??!??

Here.
    || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Wow whats have you done to yout GE-7??
      Marshall JVM 410C
      Mesa Boogie DC-3

Comment

Mine are always changing!

Comment

Originally posted by y2stevo
          Wow whats have you done to yout GE-7??

It's a modded GE-7. Keven changes the chip, resistors, and caps to remove the hiss the stock GE-7 has when boosting.

He repaints it for you as well, but you can keep the stock paint if you want.

The writing is my mod, I can be a little slow when I'm trying to hook things up drunk.

It's worth every penny.

Comment

Oh yeah,

I like to use an EQ to sculpt a gain stage. If you drop one of these bad boys after a distortion pedal or in the loop after your preamp distortion you can clean up and focus the distortion to where you want it.

For instance, the Big Muff is a huge sounding pedal with lots of gain and lots of bottom end. The trade off is that it doesn't palm-mute worth crap. Drop an EQ after it to tighten the bottom end and add some mids and you get your high gain mutes back.

I also like to use an EQ as a clean boost. Throw one of these in front of a gain stage and you can drive it harder for more saturation.

For instance, the Big Muff is a one trick pony. But, drop an EQ (or any kind of boost, in all honesty I usually use a TS-9 for this) in front of it and you can drive that high gain Big Muff to extream high gain levels. This works wonders on tube preamps as you can set your amp for rhythm gain levels and then kick the EQ (with the level boosted) and it'll ram the front end of your amp with more signal, causing the tubes to overdrive giving you that lead boost your looking for. Add a little bit of a mid hum to the sliders and it'll give you the cutting power for your leads to slice through the rest of the band.

You can also setup your EQ to do the opposite. If you set your amp for your lead gain, you can use the EQ pedal to drop your signal and scoop your mids to rhythm levels. Although for this, I'd just use your volume knob or a volume pedal. It's cheaper.

Lastly, you can use it to shape your overall tone. I set mine up in that extream upsidown V to give me a raspy garage tone. If I set my amps EQ that way it sounds thin and one-dimensional, but by using the EQ to do it, I still get all the fullness possible with such an extream EQ setting.

Comment

Originally posted by screamingdaisy
              http://tone-jam.com/GE7_mod_page.html

It's a modded GE-7. Keven changes the chip, resistors, and caps to remove the hiss the stock GE-7 has when boosting.

He repaints it for you as well, but you can keep the stock paint if you want.

The writing is my mod, I can be a little slow when I'm trying to hook things up drunk.

It's worth every penny.
              Very interesting, I've always hated the extra noise you get when boosting. How reliable is this guy? I'm thinking about sending mine in... PM me please.

Comment

PM sent.

Comment

I boost the mids for solos.

Not nearly as much as that picture there, just a little boost to fatten up the single notes and make them jump out of the mix a bit.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  Rig: Gibson SG's > Peterson Strobostomp > Guyatone SV-2 Slow Volume > Voodoo Labs Microvibe > MXR '74 Phase 90 > Barber Tone Press > Barber Tone Pump > Skreddy Pink Flesh > Boss DM-2 > Maxon GE601 Graphic EQ > Reverend Kingsnake
                  buggjuice.net
                  MySpace: Mac-P

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I think I found the perfect EQ setting on the thing to work with Marshalls to get a perfect lead tone, but I'm reluctant to reveal the settings for fear of someone ganking my sound.

Comment

Originally posted by B2D
                      I think I found the perfect EQ setting on the thing to work with Marshalls to get a perfect lead tone, but I'm reluctant to reveal the settings for fear of someone ganking my sound.
                      Don't worry, we are going to send spies out to gather all your info anyway.

It's no use trying to resist.
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      Rig: Gibson SG's > Peterson Strobostomp > Guyatone SV-2 Slow Volume > Voodoo Labs Microvibe > MXR '74 Phase 90 > Barber Tone Press > Barber Tone Pump > Skreddy Pink Flesh > Boss DM-2 > Maxon GE601 Graphic EQ > Reverend Kingsnake
                      buggjuice.net
                      MySpace: Mac-P

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Well as long as you don't start posting about how good your G-Major because from those posts you'e posted about it is makin me seriously GAS for one!!
                        Marshall JVM 410C
                        Mesa Boogie DC-3

Comment

Well, the G-Major has a 3-band parametric EQ in it (with frequency center, boost/cut, and Q range on each setting anyway...)

Comment

Working...
                          X