George Dennis pedal problem - hissssssss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Dennis pedal problem - hissssssss

Anyone had experience with George Dennis pedals?

I have a Wah / Volume pedal (optical as per their normal construction) and whenever I put it in a chain with more than 2 or 3 other pedals it introduces a bad hiss into the signal.

I tried emailing George Dennis about it a while back and they said "hmm...our pedals are quiet. It must be one of the other pedals causing the problem." Thanks dude, that's helpful.

The problem is, I can create a chain of any of my other pedals, as many as I want, and there is no hiss. But add the George Dennis wah into a chain with any other two or three pedals and back comes the hiss...

Any ideas?

Re: George Dennis pedal problem - hissssssss

Sorry to sound ignorant about this. But could it be something as basic as the power supply? How do you power it?

I've a few pedals that are really tempermental with power supplies and I can never explain what the problem is beyond that of one with it's source in the power supply. So I just go through my setup systematically and find which pedal is the problem (sounds like you've already done this). Then I just try different ways of powering it, batteries, seperate power supply, etc. This almost always solves my probloems with unwanted noise.

I've heard about different companies producing noise supressor pedals, have you considered that? As soon as I've got the money I'm going to try and get hold of one of those Gig Rig Humdingers. I think that's what they're called. I've heard they're fantastic.
    Guitars:
    Epi LP (SH-11b + SH-55n)
    Danelectro U2 '56 Reissue
    Yamaha APX5LA
    Pedals:
    MXR Super Comp, HBE Power Screamer, Toadworks Death Rattle, Carl Martin Crunch Drive, Boss CE-2, Marshall Ed The Compressor, Marshall Drivemaster, Arion EQ, Bespeco Volume Pedal
    Amps:
    Fender Prosonic combo
    Marshall JTM60 combo

Comment

thanks for the reply...I tried it with a wall-wart and with a battery. Same results. Tried powering all with batteries - same result.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny R View Post
        thanks for the reply...I tried it with a wall-wart and with a battery. Same results. Tried powering all with batteries - same result.
        I see this is a very old thread but still hoping someone may have discovered the issue. I have the same problem with the GD65. I tried it without any other pedals in the chain and tried fresh batteries. My GD65 works fine for about 2 minutes and then the hiss starts.
        I opened up the case and found that tapping on one of the diodes made a "pop" sound. That could be normal but without a schematic its all a guess.

Comment

Working...
        X