Asking about Traynor YCV40WR & YCV80

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asking about Traynor YCV40WR & YCV80

Looking for opinions on these. There are none that I know of nearby to try out. I use humbuckers. The 40 watt has a vintage 30 speaker upgrade and the 80 watt has some additional features like a scoop button among others and is a 2x12. Thanks.
    Seymour Duncans I've owned: Dimebucker, '59n, '59b, PG+n, JB, Phat Cat, PGn, Custom, Seth Lover, '78.

what are you looking for? i used a CV40 for quite some time and liked the clean tone alot. it was no twin reverb, but great for the money. the distortion was good, but being into hardcore, it was a little too vintage sounding for me. i don't remember EXACTLY what it sounded like, but for lighter/classic rock either would be great.

Comment

I tried the Traynor YCV20WR and I can tell that the clean tone of it is way better than the Fender Blues Jr. Probably because of the Greenback speaker. But, it's a 15w. class A tube amp. So, is it good anough for you? It's the only Traynor amp. that I like from Traynor cause the other ones don't have a clean tone good anough for me.

Comment

Working...
      X