Need help with speaker swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with speaker swap

I recently got a Soldano Atomic 16 amp . I went to change out the speaker and the two wires going to the + & - tabs on the speaker are soldered(did I spell that right). The cable with the two wires connecting to the speaker also plugs into a speaker jack on the back of the amp. My question is can I just buy a new cable like the one just described but with the the small slider clips that fit onto the + & - speaker tabs and if so where can I buy it? Hope I didn`t confuse anyone , I don`t solder or this woudn`t be a problem.

Thanks
    When asking for pickup suggestions please tell us what amp you`re using

Re: Need help with speaker swap

1. you spelled solder right
    2. Alligator clips should work, although I don't think it will be as reliable as soldering.
    3. I think you could find them anywhere, try radio shack.
    Originally posted by The Minstrel
    Fair as the country was and the goatboy life my fellows' lot, if I could not've imagined my music's one day whisking me Orionlike to the stars, I'd have as well flung myself into the sea. No other fate would even faintly do; an impassioned lack of alternatives moved my tongue; what for another might be a heartfelt wish was for me an absolute condition.

Comment

You can get spade connectors that crimp.
      www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
      www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
      http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

Just go to any hardware store and buy some "Solderless Connectors" You need 1/4" female connectors and the proper crimping tool. This stuff is usually sold in kits.
        You can cut the existing cable and crimp on the new connectors.

It's just as good as soldering the wires on...
        ---RCM78

Comment

Working...
        X