Probably stupid but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probably stupid but...

Can anyone tell me about this? A guy wants to sell it to me, and I have no chance to try it, so I have to rely on advise from you guys.

Is it a pedal who provides sustain for solos or more like a heavy distortion pedal?

What pedal is it?

Personally i wouldnt buy 2nd hand without having a good check of whatever it is. He isnt giving you a chance to see any faults with it, or its condition. I would assume anybody who doesnt want you to try it has something to hide
    Last edited by Mr Wolf; 03-18-2004, 06:24 AM.

Comment

what is it? you never said. lol.
      esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
      fender mim standard strat
      peavey classic 30
      johnson j-station
      original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
      dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
      yamaha f-310p acoustic
      taylor 410 acoustic
      "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

Re: Probably stupid but...

Originally posted by Sorg

Is it a pedal who provides sustain for solos or more like a heavy distortion pedal?
        If that's the only description he'll give you, then I wouldn't even consider buying it.

Comment

Ah, what a jerk I am.

I am talking about a Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer. PS: See my earlier questions.

(Atleast the q was stupid then..)

Comment

its a medium gain pedal, lots of rock and blues guys use it. works well as a boost for an already overdriven amp, using it like this you can get lots of gain. as a stand alone overdrive it has a good amount of gain for rock but isnt a metal distortion

Comment

I have decided that i don't like tube screamers.... some people like them, but to me, they take away WAY too much bass, and i'm not crazy about the sound of the distortion anyway. I would see if you can check out the pedal through your rig with your guitar, see what you think.
              '01 Gibson Les Paul Standard (stock BB V's)
              Squier Fat Strat (stock/duckbucker/stock)
              '66 Fender Bassman
              Fender Champion 600
              Fender Stage 100

Comment

me, i love my original. gives me a nice lead tone for either blues or rock, as well as great rythme sound. can get a heavey sound with the amp distortion on
                esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
                fender mim standard strat
                peavey classic 30
                johnson j-station
                original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
                dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
                yamaha f-310p acoustic
                taylor 410 acoustic
                "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
                "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

Working...
                X