Greg Howe tone!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greg Howe tone!!

does someone have a clue of what distortion does he use??? effects???

Re: Greg Howe tone!!

Greg is a great guitar player, and I've had the privelege of jamming with him once.

He is currently using ESP guitars with DiMarzio pickups. He used to play Fender super strats. As far as amps, he as used VHT in the past, and is currently using Diesel and Roccaforte amps.

www.greghowe.com will have more information in the future.
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Wow, what was that like, TO? -I was a huge fan of his first two records. Even used to play 'kick it all over' live.

I'm pretty sure Greg's pickups of choice are the super 2 and the fast track. He also used to favour a modified 80s fender dual showman head, and recorded the first GH album with a modded marshall that was used by lots of the shrapnel guys around then.

To be honest, his playing is still brilliant, but his tone has lost something over the years. It's sort of gone less George Lynch and more Larry Carlton. And too wet. Hopefully his newly expensive taste in amps will improve matters...
      Originally posted by Jolly
      ...but then again, I'm so deaf I can't even hear myself fart.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot _Grits
        Wow, what was that like, TO? -I was a huge fan of his first two records. Even used to play 'kick it all over' live.
        It was great! Very intimidating, too
        Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
        My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot _Grits
          To be honest, his playing is still brilliant, but his tone has lost something over the years.
          I'll agree with that. His tone isn't bad now but it seems he's made every attempt to take out what was uniquely his tone and replace it with the DiMarzio shredder tone shared by Vai, Satch & Petrucci. Anyone know what his guitar of choice was on his first album? I thought that album predated his days with the HM Strat.

Comment

It was a strat style made out of parts. I'm pretty sure it had a dimarzio of some sort in the bridge position, and a humbucker in the neck. He also fittted a floyd rose to it shortly before recording the album.
            Originally posted by Jolly
            ...but then again, I'm so deaf I can't even hear myself fart.

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post

Greg is a great guitar player, and I've had the privelege of jamming with him once.

He is currently using ESP guitars with DiMarzio pickups. He used to play Fender super strats. As far as amps, he as used VHT in the past, and is currently using Diesel and Roccaforte amps.

www.greghowe.com will have more information in the future.
              Do you know which pickups he used on "Extraction"?

Comment

Working...
              X