Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What amp would u suggest...?

Originally posted by kaknight
    Lots of options out there. I like my Fender Twin. it has great cleans, dirties up nicely, and takes pedals well. I also really like the Peavey Classic 50. It comes in both 2X12 and 4X10 combos. Rich raunchy blues, up to some pretty heavy rock can come right out of the speakers. Add in a pedal and you could do some metal damage I would think.
    I am ALL about Fender Twin-Amps! That is my next major purchase. However, ringing up at $1189, he would be nearly $200 over budget and would not have covered his OD/Distortion needs. The Twin is CRYSTAL Clear for the cleans, and definintely brings to life any pedal/guitar placed before it!! Another fave is the '65 Twin Custom 15!! Serious bottom end with brilliant highs!
    ~ Life In Every Breath~

www.gordonsgroovyguitars.com

Comment

thanks guys

oh yea, nice clips lee!

i appreciate em
      <Insert awesome equipment here>

Fender MIM Midnite Wine Satin Strat
      Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue Amp
      Boss BD-2 Blues Driver overdrive

and a couple guitar picks

Comment

Here you go,

Here's a near mint condition Fender Concert head with two companion open-back 1x12 Fender cabs. Sounds great!
        Amp dates to 1983 while Paul Rivera was in charge of amp design.
        Two channels with reverb on both: great clean tones, and a smooth overdrive channel (more lo-gain Boogie than Marshall). Has a tube-driven effects loop with send/return levels.
        Comes w/ the hard-to-find footswitch for selecting channels and reverb.
        1x12 cabs are each loaded w/ 60w Eminence-made blue label Fender "special design" speakers. Quite nice.
        I have additional pics of rear of cabs/speaker.
        I really like this amp but require a small combo for some upcoming touring commitments.
        Looking for $1200/shipped, perhaps negotiable.

Full details here, http://63.151.115.106/board/showthre...threadid=37643

Disclaimer: not affiliated with this ad in any way, just passing along information.

Comment

In retrospect, the Twin Reverb or the Super Reverb might be a better choice than the Deville. Certainly more "traditional".
          It would cost you at least half again over what you've budgeted, but IMHO the is no finer blues amp than a blackface Super Reverb.

Comment

Working...
          X