Modeler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modeler

I'll buy a mutlfi-effect shortly mainly for recording. I lost hope these can sound good with an amp. I tried the Boss Me-50 and did not like it. Most effects are lame and I prefer my amp's distortion (Peavey Bandit II)

I've tried the V-Amp Pro and did not like it... it seems you can't have a raw amp sound with these. It sounds good, no doubt, but very processed. I liked the clean sound though.

I've now nailed it down to three products:

1. Korg AX1500G
    2. SansAmp GT2
    3. Yamaha MagicStomp

Can anyone give me their views on these products? Pros/Cons?

Thanks a lot!

Gibson Les Paul Traditional
    Norman B50 Acoustic Guitar

While I've never played it, I've heard wonderful things about the SansAmp GT2.
    Originally posted by kevlar3000
    I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
    Originally posted by Zerberus
    Better is often the enemy of good
    Originally posted by ginormous
    Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

I recently bought a Korg Ampworks and I'm really digging it. Made completely out of plastic, so I would never think of gigging with it, but for home recording, it's very useful. It sounds really good thru my amp too. Don't know if it's something you'd be interested in, but I'm really glad a bought it.
      Not a 5150 Kramer, but a 5149 1/2 Shamer
      www.bigmouthbetty.com

Comment

Originally posted by the_Chris
        While I've never played it, I've heard wonderful things about the SansAmp GT2.
        Same here...but I do have a SansAmp PSA-1 that is a monster modeler. Basically, 49 different amps & 49 user patches....

GEDDY LEE SIGNATURE SANSAMPS LEARN MORE > dUg PINNICK SIGNATURE PEDAL MODEL DP-3X LEARN MORE > RICHIE KOTZEN SIGNATURE FLY RIG MODEL RK5 LEARN MORE > LOOK FOR THIS SYMBOL Purchases from sellers who are not Authorized Tech 21 dealers are at your own risk. Warranty coverage applies only to purchases made through Tech 21 […]

Guitars: Frankinstein TeleBird/Classic Vibe Esquire w/BG-1400/Martin 000-28EC
        Amps: 3rd Power Dream Solo 4 '68 Plexi/Port City Wave 2x12
        FX: Skinpimp Faceplant/Skinpimp 3OD/Flyin' Dragon

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fa...wn/id786464154
        http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/seanhanley

Comment

I personally couldnt go past a POD 2.0 for recording, sounds beautiful!

Unless you've already tried one of those.

Ive got a clip i did recently with my pod straight into my computer if you're interested???
          My Soundclick page.

Comment

Yeah, a buddy of mine has a POD & it sounds pretty damn good. I guess I assumed he already tried one...if not, the 2.0 ones can be had fairly cheap now.

Comment

Thanks guys... I've heard the POD, I know it sounds good, but not what I'm looking for.

Comment

I know what ya' mean. It sounds nice to me, but for some reason...it's not for me. Make any sense to ya' ???

I've got a Korg PXR-4 that has some pretty decent effects & mods....plus it's a 4-track recorder.

Check with Xerxes too...he just bought a Johnson J-station & I think he liked that too.

From what I know of the GT-2, it's pretty great both live & into the computer. Let us know if you try one out!
                Last edited by PUCKBOY99; 03-19-2004, 08:38 AM.

Comment

I'm still wondering... I saw a Korg AX1500G at 339 (Cdn$) at the store, and the AX10G (based on the AmpWorks models) at 186... I wonder if the price difference worth it...

The probelm with the Tech 21 is that I'd have to buy at least a noise gate, a chorus, a delay and a flanger seperately. I can leave without the rest for the moment. Yet the korg stuff is cheaper... but I heard the tech 21 stuff is killer...

I'll keep you posted

Comment

Personally, I love the v-amp2 into a very cleanly voiced amp like a fender SS.

Try the Savage Beast and the Modern Hi Gain settings.
                    It takes a bit of time to get good at tweaking the v-amp2.
                    But once you can, there's not a sound you can't try to achieve and get pretty damn close.
                    I love it cause it's so versatile.
                    Marshall OD. Down pat.
                    Fender Clean. Square on.
                    Mesa power. Bullseye.
                    ENGL insanity. Achieved.

Comment

GO with the digitech genesis 3.............they are discontinuing them so they are going quick and for cheap. I use mine through my amp and it sounds really good. THere is a setting you have to use to get good sounds through an amp though..........it has a feature on it where you set it for either direct recording, 2x12 amp , 4x12 amp , or effects loop of 2or4x12 amp, and thease really give you that natural amp, raw sound! i love mine plus there is soooo much you can do with thease! go pick one up, with a little tweaking, you wont be dissapointed!

Comment

Working...
                      X