Recommend me a good Distortion and Chorus pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend me a good Distortion and Chorus pedal

Hey....guys....i am looking into getting possibly a couple distortion pedals...and a good chorus pedal. I really like boss pedals...and was thinking of maybe the DS-1..distortion....and the CH-1 Super Chorus. I once had the metal zone ...i didn't care for it much. Is there any other good distortion ..or chorus pedals?
    Epiphone Les Paul-100 >Neck/59 Bridge/DD
    Epiphone Les Paul-Studio >Bridge/JB
    OLP 4-String Bass> Active Basslines Pup
    Peavey 5150 Head and 5150 Slant Cab
    Boss-DD-3~PH-2~BF-2~TR-2
    Dunlop 535Q Wah~Ernie Ball Volume~Fender PT-10

Phil 4:13
    I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

~ That verse has helped me make it through everyday of my life. Remember.. God is always there and always will be. He has and always will love you.

Re: Recommend me a good Distortion and Chorus pedal

What kind of sound are you looking for?

Comment

I like both the CE-1 and the CH-1 for Chorus.
      Only The Strong Survive

Comment

hard rock...almost metal
        Boss-DD-3~PH-2~BF-2~TR-2

~ That verse has helped me make it through everyday of my life. Remember.. God is always there and always will be. He has and always will love you.

Comment

Maxon CS-9 is a great chorus. It has a very sweet and rich swirl. I searched a couple months ago, for something a cut above the units I've had in the past.. this is the one. It has true-bypass also.
          https://www.bandmix.com/stevereed/

Comment

hi...a few months ago I've sold my RP-6 and look for decent analog sounding pedals and effects...I tried both CH-1 and CE-5...by 2 hours of playing and tweaking I can tell that CH-1 sounds more analog and live than CE-5...I really like using it...I can get great analog tone from it...I higly recommend it over CE-5...
            90' Heritage H-147 w/Schaller Golden 50's
            99' USA Fender Stratocaster
            96' Fender Montara Electric/Acoustic
            79' Fender Twin Reverb 135W w/JBL's + Line 6 DM-4 + Boss OD-1 Overdrive + MXR DynaComp + Boss CH-1 Super Chorus + Jim Dunlop Crybaby

Comment

so...what you guys think about a distortion pedal. I am leaning towards The DS-1 ...but i dunno if there is anything better in its price range.
              Boss-DD-3~PH-2~BF-2~TR-2

Comment

i have tried many distortion pedals and i think that the marshall jackhammer is the best...and cheaper than the boss ones...and for the chorus the CH-1 has another vote...
                Peavey Studio Pro 112

LTD Explorer 400 w/ EMG 81 set
                Ibanez SZ 520 QM w/ Dimebucker + 59'
                Seagull S12+ acoustic

Boss Digital Delay DD-3, Super Chorus CH-1, Chromatic Tuner TU-2. Dunlop Mr. Crybaby

Comment

For a distortion pedal , there is no better sounding pedal out there than a Rocktron Rampage!!!

Comment

Distortion: ToneBone Hot British (for hard rock or metal, this is perfect)
                    Chorus: Boss CE-2
                    Originally posted by kevlar3000
                    I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
                    Originally posted by Zerberus
                    Better is often the enemy of good
                    Originally posted by ginormous
                    Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Distortion: A DS-1 modded by John aka Stratdeluxer

Chorus: Boss CE-2

Comment

Another vote for the CH-1, but with distortion pedals, I needed 3-channel capabilities without performing ballet across the pedalboard. As such, I purchased MXR's Double Shot distortion which contains two separately voiced channels of distortion. Channel one is voiced more for the classic rock sound which will go from a hint of overdrive to full-blown distortion. Channel two seemed muddy at first, as it was designed for modern metal tones. However, with some experimentation, I get sounds ranging from vintage fuzz to razor sharp distortion with serious sustain (not too mention a heartpounding sonic boom from the bottom end when performing double stops). I previously had Digitech's Metal Master which was searing for solos and their Hot Rod for classic rhythm tones, but you had to turn the current pedal off before switching to the next one. Really sucks the concentration and mood out of great solos. The MXR is a bit pricy, ringing up at $130 through Musician's Friend, but you are actually getting 2 pedals in one box. The LED lights whichever channel will be active (Ch1/CH2) when the pedal becomes active, so even playing clean, you can set up for the next distortion sound. Another cool extra - the labelling really stands out under blacklight, so on a dark stage you cant miss your mark. Good Luck with your quest!
                        Last edited by gordon_39422; 05-10-2004, 09:58 AM.
                        ~ Life In Every Breath~

www.gordonsgroovyguitars.com

Comment

For distortion I wonder if the Digitech "The Weapon" is any good?
                          Egnater M4 (2) Recto, Blackface, Plexi
                          VHT 2502
                          (2) Randal XLT 4X12
                          (2) Jackson SL2H USA Soloist (SH-1n, TB-6b)
                          Jackson SL1 (Classic Stack, Classic Stack, TB-6b)
                          Keeley TS-9 Mod Plus & TS-9 Baked Mod
                          http://www.robertkeeley.com
                          Line 6 Echo Pro and Mod Pro
                          Chandler Digital Echo Delay

Comment

Originally posted by Burkwieser
                            For distortion I wonder if the Digitech "The Weapon" is any good?
                            IMO, steer clear of the weapon. Read about it, and if that is what you want in a pedal then go for it. It is in the market for diehard Distrubed and Nu-metalists (nothing wrong with either, I tune down and jam with Dan regularly). It is not dedicated entirely to distortion, but more like an RP 1/2. It serves its purpose well, dont get me wrong, but it has limited flexibility outside of emulating Disturbed. It combines modeled distortion with a Sitar Simulator, reverb, autowah, and whammy separately on 1 of 7 factory presets. Not to mention, these modelers sound different through every amp, you will not likely plug in and instantly get Stupify or Prayer tones coming out your all-tube '65 Twin Reverb, or your hybrid Marshall Mode Four, or even a solid-state Randall Warhead! It would probably be fun to have around, but hardly practical in your chain unless you were covering their songs and can afford to send $150 to Dan Donegan and co. Besides, if you get the urge to play it, just go to the music store and use theirs. By the time they get tired of hearing your licks, you will have grown tired of the weapon. I mean if its genuine, why would it come with a "signed" Dan Donegan. At least it does come with its own power supply.
                            ~ Life In Every Breath~

www.gordonsgroovyguitars.com

Comment

Distortion?

Boss DS-1 or DS-2
                              Proco Rat
                              MXR Distortion +
                              MXR Double Shot
                              Tech 21 Sans Amp Classic
                              EHX Big Muff (the Big Muff is a one trick pony though. If you like it, great, but if you don't, it'll turn into a paper wieght as it really only has one sound).

My favorite is the DOD FX-69 Grunge. It's so harsh and trebly, I just love it.

Chorus?
                              EHX Small Clone (I like that drowning in chorus underwater feel)
                              Visual Sound H2O Chorus (I've never tried it, but heard lots of good things about it. It's a much more subtle chorus than the Small Clone, with an upto 800ms delay on it as well)
                              || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Working...
                              X