Another question for you guys who own an ESP EC-1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another question for you guys who own an ESP EC-1000

Does the back have a body contour curve cut into it? Also, are the frets nice and chunky?

How does the JB sound in that guitar?

Re: Another question for you guys who own an ESP EC-1000

yes, it does have a nice back contour.

the frets are huge, extra jumbo. they are the biggest you can get without getting stupid (actuallly, i cant name one thats bigger).

the jb sounds sick. i use it as my rythme pickup the most. it sounds nice and crunchy. the 59 sounds gerat as well. nice and bassy. i use it mostly for soloing and allman bro's type sounds...
    esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
    fender mim standard strat
    peavey classic 30
    johnson j-station
    original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
    dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
    yamaha f-310p acoustic
    taylor 410 acoustic
    "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

also, by adjusting the tone nobs and volume nobs, i can basically every sound out of the guitar.
      esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
      fender mim standard strat
      peavey classic 30
      johnson j-station
      original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
      dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
      yamaha f-310p acoustic
      taylor 410 acoustic
      "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

Well, mine doesn't have much back contour... At least less than a lot of guitars I've played, yet more than a lp... There's a little carving in it (upper part) but it's not much... The jb sounds ok, I'm just not a fan of that pick-up...
        Last edited by Surgeon; 02-12-2009, 03:34 PM.

Comment

thanks guys, man I can't wait to get mine. I had the JB in another guitar and I loved it for soloing but for chords it was kind of lacking. I might change it out for a Custom down the road. Or maybe a distortion.

One thing that these companies that make great fender and Gibson copies is that they improve on the designs. I hate the fact that LP's have no body contour. My Schecter tele copy has body and right arm contours, it's super comfortable to play, like a glove.

Comment

Working...
          X