Best rackmount eq?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best rackmount eq?

anyone know of a good rackmount eq that is versatile, and generally works well in molding tone. at around $250 or less... but if there's a nice one for more, tell me about it. thanks

Re: Best rackmount eq?

Furman PQ-3

I think TC Electronic and Berhinger make good ones as well, although I've never tried them. Just about any company known for making good studio rack gear generally makes a good EQ to go along with them.

I like the Furman because it's specifically designed to be a guitar EQ, so it doesn't have alot of unused frequency bands like a normal EQ would. The newer ones also have a jack for a footswitch or MIDI trigger so you can bypass the EQ like a stompbox EQ. It also has two different sets of inputs and outputs, so it can be used at insturment level in front of the preamp, or at line level in the effects loop.

The only drawback? It's ugly as hell.
    || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

what about graphic EQ's?

Comment

The only graphic EQ I've used in the loop is a Boss GE-7 EQ pedal.

I think the TC Electronic and Berhinger EQs are graphic, but I really can't remember.
        || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

DOD make rackmout EQ's, 15, 31, and dual 15 and 31 bands

Comment

I'm a big fan of Rane for rackmount EQs. I used to use a PE-15 parametric EQ which is far superior to the Furman. The ME-15 graphic EQ is pretty nice as well.
            Originally posted by crusty philtrum
            And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Working...
            X