Ever tried the Boss OD20 Drive Zone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever tried the Boss OD20 Drive Zone?

Hey...guys...have u ever tried the Boss OD20 Drive Zone ...distortion unit? I have been looking at it..because i need a distortion pedal..and was thinking this might be a good buy...cause i still can't decide on a single pedal. I need something to record with. Does it have very good distortions?
    Epiphone Les Paul-100 >Neck/59 Bridge/DD
    Epiphone Les Paul-Studio >Bridge/JB
    OLP 4-String Bass> Active Basslines Pup
    Peavey 5150 Head and 5150 Slant Cab
    Boss-DD-3~PH-2~BF-2~TR-2
    Dunlop 535Q Wah~Ernie Ball Volume~Fender PT-10

Phil 4:13
    I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

~ That verse has helped me make it through everyday of my life. Remember.. God is always there and always will be. He has and always will love you.

Re: Ever tried the Boss OD20 Drive Zone?

the drive zone is actually a pretty versatile pedal. It's got quite the selection of distortions. I didn't play around much with my friend's DZ, but I'm sure after some tweaking you could make it sound sweet.
    • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
    • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
    • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
    • G&L Tribute Comanche
    • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
    • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
    • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

I have one. The tone is excellent. The really cool thing about it is that not only does it have a ton of modelled distortions, there are so many parameters open for tweaking, you can get tones that aren't even possible with buying individual pedals. For example, on mine I use a super high-gain Blues Driver tone for rhythm, and it's the most brutal distortion I've come up with next to my 5150's rhythm channel, and that's sayin something With 4 presets, there's lots of possiblities. I think it covers any kind of distortion or even clean boost you'll ever need. I have vintage, modern, 80's metal, all kinds of settings on mine. You'll love it, just make sure your run it through an amp with a really good clean channel.

Hope that helps.
      Watch My Videos
      Photography
      www.myspace.com/thebillyhong
      "Anything worth living for is worth suffering for."

Comment

hey...thanks...i hope i do get some great tones out of it....compared to my 5150..it seems nothing compares.
        Epiphone Les Paul-100 >Neck/59 Bridge/DD
        Epiphone Les Paul-Studio >Bridge/JB
        OLP 4-String Bass> Active Basslines Pup
        Peavey 5150 Head and 5150 Slant Cab
        Boss-DD-3~PH-2~BF-2~TR-2
        Dunlop 535Q Wah~Ernie Ball Volume~Fender PT-10

Phil 4:13
        I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

~ That verse has helped me make it through everyday of my life. Remember.. God is always there and always will be. He has and always will love you.

Comment

Working...
        X