killer pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: killer pedal

if i ask some questions about the mt-2 it s because i owned it for a while.it was at the beggining, i bought a guitar-amp for a good price (you know: a cheap very ******* guitar in strange wood and a very small amp: a 25watts "Park" with only one canal and no foot switch).So i quickly bought the mt-2 to have my first disto (i was young and so happy lol).It sounded good, very trash (that s what i love now in a disto sound) but i found it,...don t know how to say that, with not a good EQ?with not enough bass...But that s a long time ago lol and may be it was because of my ****** gear.So i want to know if it will sound correct in the clean canal of my peavey and i will be abble to play heavy metal like metallica or pantera...with that pedal

thank you for answers
    Duncan Distortion Rules!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Distollica
      if i ask some questions about the mt-2 it s because i owned it for a while.it was at the beggining, i bought a guitar-amp for a good price (you know: a cheap very ******* guitar in strange wood and a very small amp: a 25watts "Park" with only one canal and no foot switch).So i quickly bought the mt-2 to have my first disto (i was young and so happy lol).It sounded good, very trash (that s what i love now in a disto sound) but i found it,...don t know how to say that, with not a good EQ?with not enough bass...But that s a long time ago lol and may be it was because of my ****** gear.So i want to know if it will sound correct in the clean canal of my peavey and i will be abble to play heavy metal like metallica or pantera...with that pedal

thank you for answers
      With your gear I'd say the MT-2 is a good option. Especially becuse of the price. I haven't tried many pedals but the MT-2 delivers my heavy tones. If you have some patience you can wait untill I post clips from my band's demo, which are recorded with an MT-2. I don't play metallica but I do use heavy distortion.
      If you dial in this pedal wrong it will sound awfull, also with some amps this pedal may sound weak and thin but that's more to blame to the amp. In my bands practise room we use 2 Peavey bandid 112's and we (the guitar players) use a MT-2 and a Turbo Distortion (the red boss). My MT-2 has more bass and a gereral darker sound overall. Of course I did a little clipping stage mod to my pedal to make it a little smoother, but stock this pedal can sound pretty good IF you dial it in properly.
      I don't want to go around and say this pedal will sound like Dual reco distortion because it doesn't but you can get pretty close to an early Metallica tone with it and the DD. As a matter of fact, me and the drummer were listening to an old metallica record (their first) and he said how the guitars sounded like mine. I have a JB/'59 combo in my guitar by the way. So go figure...
      I'll see if I can record you a heavy soundclip.

Comment

Originally posted by proxy
        I'm not a fan of the MT-2. I think the MXR double shot would suit you better.
        yes- this man is clever, he knows what hes talkin about. The MXR doubleshot absolutely rules! spend that little bit extra and you get loads more versatility and awesome sounds to match.
        "I believe the truth is not told between 9 and 5." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Can someone tell me (and also a suggestion for dist. pedals) if it would be better to buy A Boss DS-1 (yes the orange one that costs like 30$) and use it with my EQ. for heavy distortion or should I just buy the MT-2?
          Its not about love or hate, wrong or right, its about perception. Just do it, say it, feel it. There are no lies... lies are too human. Its so much thought that its none at all. Its no religion, its not defined. Its not even real. Its about being connected to the point that you didnt even know. Its the reassuring peace in pain because it hit you & its over & you felt it. Its the pits of Hell found in Heaven. Its not being connected with a god... we are all god...

Comment

i know alot of people like the ds-1 but i am not one of them... i got rid of mine on ebay because it had no tone use to me. My mt-2 gives me the harsh tones i love you just got to find it. To get rid of the "noise" when your not playing i run it through the send return of my ns-2. Works to perfection.

I play alot of Primus, Thrice, Finch, many bands with some descent distortion and i haven't found one that i can't get it to sound like. Also extremely cheap on ebay.
            boreddddddddddd

Comment

Working...
            X