vintage sized locking tuners 4 LP's!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vintage sized locking tuners 4 LP's!

hey~ I just noticed allparts has locking 11/32 vintage klusion style tuners for 3+3 headstocks ... something I've been waiting for... for a looong time.

anyone tried em?

know who's makin' em?
    "I don't care if you boo .. just boo in key!" JH

Pups ~> duncan ~ WCR ~ VOODOO by Peter Florance!

Guitars ~> Gibson ~ G&L ~ Guild ~ Fender ~ ESP ~ Heritage

Re: vintage sized locking tuners 4 LP's!

I've got Schaller Kluson copies on my goldtop. They aren't locking, but the ratio is better and they seem firmer, when turning them. If you're having tuning problems on your LP, it's a tight nut or imperfect intonation. Get those perfect, and you don't even need new tuners. Most techs will charge you no more than $20 to run a file through the nut slots, to widen them a bit.
    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

I TOTALLY agree with Gearjoneser. If your Les Paul or LP style guitar is set-up properly, there is absolutely no reason for locking tuners !!!! If you want to upgrade, that's cool,.....but ya don't need locking tuners on a non-trem guitar. ps...check out the Vault, there's a GREAT tutorial on the Proper way to wind your strings. This also weighs in heavily on keeping that guitar playing in tune !!!
      Last edited by 59paul; 05-17-2004, 06:09 PM.
      Only The Strong Survive

Comment

ahhh .. yes jonsey .. I've got files and am skilled in the art of making/cleaning up nuts saddles etc.

many of my customers have asked about a locking tuner that wont require drilling out the pegholes of their classic gibson. I saw these and wonder'd if anyone had given em a try. gathering info if you will. thats all.

I do, however, find classic klusion's to be a sub-par component.. they are cheap and wear out quickly IMO ... they do look cool though! the original grovers on my 70's SGs and LPs are still working perfectly ... klusions on my LPs, V's, exps, and SGs from the '90's wore out yrs ago... so there ya go...

thanks for the input!
        "I don't care if you boo .. just boo in key!" JH

Pups ~> duncan ~ WCR ~ VOODOO by Peter Florance!

Guitars ~> Gibson ~ G&L ~ Guild ~ Fender ~ ESP ~ Heritage

Comment

Working...
        X