Clear All

• The Dali
    replied
    So great. Love the inlays! Bravo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• ArtieToo
    replied
    What can I say? Suweeet. Love those little inlays too.

Leave a comment:

• orpheo
    replied
    Olivewood is really wood from an olive tree. Olive ash is real ash but with a wilder color.

Olivewood feels like rosewood when fretting. I use now Jescar fret wire and that's by far the best I've used. Ever. Makes fretting a breeze and leveling afterwards is a dream. Only once in a while, I would prefer something else, for example when the fret slot is like the Grand Canyon. But with fresh slots... jescar.

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    Is olivewood the tree where olives come from, or is it something else?

Leave a comment:

• GuitarDoc
    replied
    I don't know why I've never considered olivewood for any of my builds. I've always loved the color and grain pattern. I am now officially inspired.

Leave a comment:

• greekdude
    replied
    clever neck heal, full access +1 for this, i hate classic start neck joints.

Leave a comment:

• orpheo
    replied
    These pickups are absolutely bonkers. The neck is a paf clone, sounds great. Fat yet a slight midscoop so solos jump out a bit more.

I opted to not go with a superdistortion, only the look, because I dont like that pickup. Too fizzy and fat. This pickup is just as hot, but a bit more fluid for leads. It's in essence, a blend between the jb and superdistortion.

Leave a comment:

• Robbiedbee
    replied
    Beautiful guitar. How are those pickups? I personally would have gone for the Super Distortion in the bridge, however I don't know anything about those?

Leave a comment:

• Synapsys
    replied
    Murray would be proud!

Leave a comment:

• ErikH
    replied
    That rocks. Love it.

Leave a comment:

• Snake Aces
    replied
    The fretboard looks incredible on this one!

Leave a comment:

• GuitarDoc
    replied
    Originally posted by orpheo View Post

Thanks. That was a combination of a happy little accident and a lot of work to get that right.
    Yeah. If you've never tried that, you don't appreciate just how much work it really is to make it right. Nice job!

Leave a comment:

• orpheo
    replied
    Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
    I like how you've done the headstock overlay butting up to the fretboard.
    Thanks. That was a combination of a happy little accident and a lot of work to get that right. I wanted a bone nut for now but the option of giving this axe a locking nut in due time.

Leave a comment:

• PFDarkside
    replied
    Oh man, this is great!

Leave a comment:

• GuitarDoc
    replied
    I like how you've done the headstock overlay butting up to the fretboard.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X